Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EAA 2027 - Bucket List?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdewey View Post
    I'm going to be checking out noise-cancelling headsets. I finally got a decent pair of prescription sunglasses where the ear parts don't stick out too far. I really like my earplug-style headset (clarity aloft), but I'd like to get the noise a little quieter.

Also, lots of seminars to become a smarter, safer pilot. I plan on walking up and down the rows dreaming about owning the perfect aircraft, or getting another for our club. Watching other people land their planes is great fun and sharing stories with the other watchers. I usually don't go up to warbirds (I'm never gonna fly one of those), but this year want to soak in the history of some of those aircraft and meet some of the dedicated folks that restore them.

Mostly just going to enjoy being outside (I work inside a room that's inside a room that's inside a room), enjoying the airplane ambience and meeting some of the nicest people around!
    Be sure to look at the David Clark One-X. I kept coming back to their booth last year, and on the last day bought one--and I do love it. I have added a Flitelite Mic light to the boom mic and a hanger D-ring to the top. It is very comfortable for long flights, active noise cancelling is excellent, music sounds really good, and the Bluetooth has worked flawlessly, paired to my iPad Mini 4. It also has very good passive noise cancelling--there have been several occasions in which I've taken off without turning it on, and it's as good as most passive-only headsets. I've been a DC fan ever since I bought my first one in 1978, but to make them comfortable, Oregon Aero comfort items have been necessary (and they do the job well). But the One-X is already as comfortable as any of my modified DCs (I have 3 others). The only OA addition I've put on it is their SoftSkin ear seal covers, which cut down sweating in the summer and make the headset feel warmer in the winter. Supposedly the ANR works better without those, but I can't say one way or the other.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Be sure to look at the David Clark One-X. I kept coming back to their booth last year, and on the last day bought one--and I do love it. I have added a Flitelite Mic light to the boom mic and a hanger D-ring to the top. It is very comfortable for long flights, active noise cancelling is excellent, music sounds really good, and the Bluetooth has worked flawlessly, paired to my iPad Mini 4. It also has very good passive noise cancelling--there have been several occasions in which I've taken off without turning it on, and it's as good as most passive-only headsets. I've been a DC fan ever since I bought my first one in 1978, but to make them comfortable, Oregon Aero comfort items have been necessary (and they do the job well). But the One-X is already as comfortable as any of my modified DCs (I have 3 others). The only OA addition I've put on it is their SoftSkin ear seal covers, which cut down sweating in the summer and make the headset feel warmer in the winter. Supposedly the ANR works better without those, but I can't say one way or the other.

Cary
    Thank you, Cary! I'll be sure to check it out.