Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Rans?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Hansen View Post
    Cant say the same for my 4th and current project...Progressive Aerodyne's Searey. Neat little airplane but customer service for the LSX is totally non-existant. Obviously, new foreign owners are concentrating exclusively on selling the factory built LSA version.
    I'm a big fan of the Searey, I have flown it at the Oshkosh seaplane base and have had in-depth conversations with former CEO Adam Yang about the possibilities of finding ways to register the SLSA version in Canada as an owner(a very difficult challenge).

Progressive Aerodyne is NOT a foreign owned company. You may have erroneously confused Mr. Yang's last name with the ownership nationality of the company. PA is an American aircraft manufacturer. Mr. Yang was a pilot, Searey builder and owner when he took over ownership of the company in 2011 and became CEO and BOD Chairman. Mr. Yang successfully led the company through LSA certification and audit and opened a Searey sales office in China to build and grow a presence in the burgeoning GA business. He recently stepped down as CEO after a new CEO was announced in May.

New doors for the RANS S6

I have an S6 with 100 hp Rotax. We recently replaced the all Lexan bubble doors which had cracked badly along the rivet holes, probably due to us not understanding that you need oversized holes. A mechanical engineering friend built us some 1/2 metal, 1/2 Lexan doors which weigh 7 lbs apiece versus 3.5 for the old doors. The new ones seal around the edges much better, are much tighter fitting and quieter. He'll make more for anyone who's interested. Name:  IMG_4179.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  91.6 KB HIs contact info is:
    Mike DiLuigi, <diluigim@bellsouth.net>.