Thread: Computer Dummy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rolls Eyes Computer Dummy

I have all the semtech hardware and flight sim X coming can someone recommend a good dedicated computer that want break the bank? Oh and my Bank is small ....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Possum69 View Post
    I have all the semtech hardware and flight sim X coming can someone recommend a good dedicated computer that want break the bank? Oh and my Bank is small ....lol

You might need a bigger bank !

Selecting a "suitable" computer that meets your needs and expectation in running FSX is just as complex as learning how to fly in the simulator.

In order to make an educated determination of what you "require", you will need to do quite a lot of research & reading.

One place to look, to get an idea of what you might need in terms of Computer Hardware selection is

http://jetlinesystems.com/performance/

While purchasing a custom built system from somewhere like Jetline Systems might more than break your bank, their website will give you a good idea of what you will gain or loose in making your hardware selection.

Whatever you decide up, no matter how Powerful (and expensive) .. you will always be "wanting" more.

That is just a fact of life with PC based Flight simulators
    Geoff

Thumbs Up Good deal thanks for the help.

[QUOTE=FS-MP;63553]You might need a bigger bank !

Selecting a "suitable" computer that meets your needs and expectation in running FSX is just as complex as learning how to fly in the simulator.

In order to make an educated determination of what you "require", you will need to do quite a lot of research & reading.

One place to look, to get an idea of what you might need in terms of Computer Hardware selection is

http://jetlinesystems.com/performance/

While purchasing a custom built system from somewhere like Jetline Systems might more than break your bank, their website will give you a good idea of what you will gain or loose in making your hardware selection.

Whatever you decide up, no matter how Powerful (and expensive) .. you will always be "wanting" more.

That is just a fact of life with PC based Flight simulators [Good deal thanks for the info.]

My computer was purchased at Sams Club. It's a HP runs at 4 something or other, with a 27 inch monitor. All purchased maybe a year ago. When I first started using this computer and this Flight program, frame rates was so low it was not enjoyable. I started doing some research. I found if you go in and redo some config files that this is no longer an issue. I have frame rates of over 60 fps with everything set to max.

Tony

Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Possum69 View Post
    ALL(?) the "Semtech Hardware" ??? What is that ??
    Geoff