Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you fly this weekend?

Happy What did you fly this weekend?

In the Spirit of Aviation,

What did you do to scratch your aviation itch this past weekend?

I spent the better part of my free time studying for my Private Pilot Written Exam. I hope to take it in the next 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I was not able to get up in the air, but plan on a lesson tonight.

Daniel
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

We're deep into our annual condition inspection, but the real delay has been some upgrades to the cockpit interior (strip, sand, re-paint and trying out some new floor carpeting) and a new canopy and rear window. I'm hoping to be back in the air by next weekend. Yesterday we got together for the 4th with my wife's side of the family. It seems there is quite a bit of demand for me to get the Canary back in the air so the nieces and nephews can get rides. Mostly great-nieces and -nephews, I suppose, but you get the idea. And this is why I don't have a single-seat airplane!

I haven't gotten anything done on the new biplane build since starting the annual on the RV, but I did get some 60cc syringes so I could get a closer 1:1 ratio when mixing T-88 epoxy. I'd been carefully measuring and still saw Part B disappearing faster than Part A.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Since I'm flying S/P because I let my medical laps about 40 yrs. ago I got a friend who's an instructor to let me fly left seat in a 172. He said, ok, I'm not touching the controls, this is all you. Well, I got my PPL back in '73 in a 150 and got some time, off and on in 172's so I was pretty confident. Although, all I've flown for the past two years is an Aeronca Champ I had no problem with the 172. We flew for 2 hrs., landed at two different airports then back to home base for a total of 6 landings and I only scared him twice. I'm used to making steep turns and tight patterns in the Champ. LOL. And after all that, we can still use the plane again, all in all, a good day.
    Bob

I washed my airplane. Arlington is coming!

Ron Wanttaja

We're on a 2 week vacation in Florida from Virginia via our RV-10. Spent the first week in Pompano Beach enjoying some "us"time on the beach sans kids. Had an electrical system issue that I fixed with the help of a Canadian builder who shipped me a spare component that got me back in the air. This past weekend we repositioned from the FL East coast to the West (Fort Myers) to spend the 2nd week with the in-laws.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I flew my Super Cub.

Name:  FYATWD_04.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  92.8 KB
    Cheers!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by wallda View Post

Daniel
    Did my night currency in my SuperCub Clone. Flew 4 hrs PIC in a friend's C-182, including half as a night cross country. Flew an hour on my KR-2S running diagnostic testing for my ADS-B vendor. And spent a day repairing a damaged J-3 to get it back into the air. Flew another hour and a half in my SuperCub Clone just for fun.

-Cub Builder

Getting my Super Chief ready for final inspection after a four year resurrection
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

[QUOTE=wallda;63524]In the Spirit of Aviation,

I flew to the AOPA fly-in at the Twenthe (EHTW) airport with my Symphony D-EMIC (is a certficated Glastar/Sportsman). Excellent weather, excellent BBQ; some 120-130 GA aircraft showed up, including one P51. That's in the Netherlands.

This last weekend, I took my Fly Baby to the Arlington Fly-In. Great weather, good turnout, lots of airplanes.

Ran a bunch of kids through the cockpit of my plane, and handed out a lot of wings....

Ron Wanttaja