Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 AirVenture Grounds, Camp Scholler Maps & 2017 EAA AirVenture App, Ready

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!

2017 AirVenture Grounds, Camp Scholler Maps & 2017 EAA AirVenture App, Ready

2017 AirVenture Grounds & Camp Scholler Maps

Something New: I count 10 AED (Defribrilator) Locations, on the AirVenture Grounds map.

2017 EAA AirVenture App

For those who want to search for it and download it, the name in the Apple app store is "EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017" not the name used above

Just typing Airventure brought the Application up in the iTunes Store.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

Do they still have a handicapped camping area?

On last years app. on i phone, i just hit "update" and it came up

Looking at the new 2017 camping map, it looks like they flipped where 24 hour generator area will be and it will be larger this year. Where will all the the non generator campers go now? We arrive usually on the Thursday or Friday before opening day and that area is all ready filling up fast. It's already at the farthest back corner area and the farthest away from the entrance gate .

For the first time I am thinking of attending the show with an airplane that I won't be camping with. Does the Camp Scholler tenting area ever fill up to where they turn away new arrivals?

Regards,

Wes

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monica View Post
    Looking at the new 2017 camping map, it looks like they flipped where 24 hour generator area will be and it will be larger this year. Where will all the the non generator campers go now? We arrive usually on the Thursday or Friday before opening day and that area is all ready filling up fast. It's already at the farthest back corner area and the farthest away from the entrance gate .
    For comparison purposes:

2017 AirVenture Grounds Map

2016 AirVenture Grounds Map

2017 Camp Scholler Map

2016 Camp Scholler Map

You are correct they flipped where the 24 hour generator area is on the new 2017 camping map.
    Note: The 2017 Camp Scholler map does not show 2017 on the map itself, It says av17 in the address link only.
    The 2016 Camp Scholler map says 2016 on the map and in the address link.

Here is a link to "Grounds Improvements for AirVenture 2017"
    To name a few;
    New Quonset hut, Blue barn, Homebuilts area constructed a new social pavilion.
    Vintage Red barn additions.

Quote Originally Posted by WLIU View Post
    For the first time I am thinking of attending the show with an airplane that I won't be camping with. Does the Camp Scholler tenting area ever fill up to where they turn away new arrivals?

Regards,

Wes
    I don't think they ever turn anyone away, but if you don't arrive early you will be camping a LONG way from the show. For the past 7 or 8 years I've been camped in that narrow strip between Audrey's Park and the movie theater, but the last 2 years I've arrived Thursday before opening day and got the last spot in that area. Unfortunately I changed jobs over the winter and I'm on a time card again instead of salary, and I'm not sure I can afford to go that early. Which means I'll probably be somewhere between Rt 41 and the water & electric spots.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mc20 View Post
    For those who want to search for it and download it, the name in the Apple app store is "EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017" not the name used above
    Last year I was still carrying an old flip phone, so I loaded the AV 2016 app on my Android tablet, which unfortunately only connects to WiFi and could never get a signal when I needed to check something. A couple of weeks ago I finally upgraded to a smart phone, (3 generations old refurbished Galaxy S5, but it was only $109) and as soon as I entered my Google credentials into the phone it automagically installed all the apps I had put on the tablet. Then when I saw the announcement that the AV2017 app was released I went to Google Play to get it and it was already listed as installed. Sure enough, the AV app had copied itself from my tablet to my phone, and then updated itself to 2017, all without my intervention. Good job, guys!

Dave