Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 AirVenture Grounds, Camp Scholler Maps & 2017 EAA AirVenture App, Ready

I have installed the 2017 app, however when I click on it I get a message that says "Bummer, try again." I have never had problems with the previous apps. does anybody know why it does this on my android phone?

The 2017 Scholler map does not seem to depict the Enhanced (Electric/water) campsite area correctly.
    Assuming the Reservation Maps are correct for the L, M & N areas, the Scholler map of the total campsite seems to have the Enhanced area a number of roads displaced (east/west)
    Not a big deal .. maybe some errors crept in when updating from the 2016 map, but it does make for a little confusion when looking at the Scholler 2017 map, and trying to figure out exactly where the L, M & N areas are in the big picture.

(Talking about the maps from the website, not from the App)
    Geoff

Are we able to head out to the campgrounds and stake out our camp site before Airventure begins? Would love to not be right next to the expressway this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by azmedic85355 View Post
    Are we able to head out to the campgrounds and stake out our camp site before Airventure begins? Would love to not be right next to the expressway this year

Yes can you stake out your area. Many people already have. This is the area I was in yesterday cutting grass so I can only speak to this area.

Currently everything west of Stits Rd is wide open

Sout of Elm and East of Stits is wide open as well.

RV's were starting to fill in around the area north of Elm between Stits and 29th Ave.

As I drove the roads closer to the show there are also other areas open but a lot of staked out spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Casper View Post
    Do they still have a handicapped camping area?
    Tom - There was an area I noticed with the handicap signs on the south side of the restrooms on Stits and Elm. I'm not sure if there are others.

Thank you Brian. If I recall there used to be an area up near the East Gate and Red Barn designated for handicapped. We would like to be near the gate to save some battery on the mobility cart one of us must use. We always get there early and will look around, I just don't see anything designated on this years map. But then sometimes I don't read a sectional too well either!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian247028 View Post
    Yes can you stake out your area. Many people already have. This is the area I was in yesterday cutting grass so I can only speak to this area.

Currently everything west of Stits Rd is wide open

Sout of Elm and East of Stits is wide open as well.

RV's were starting to fill in around the area north of Elm between Stits and 29th Ave.

As I drove the roads closer to the show there are also other areas open but a lot of staked out spots.
    How are people securing their camping credentials to the areas they are staking out??

The common method is a simple wooden stake with the credentials in a ziplock bag taped to the stake. Then they run plastic ribbon tape to the corners of the space.

Keep in mind the $$$ clock starts ticking (up front)....the moment drive steak in thru till end of show.