Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA App

EAA App

Currently, the EAA website promotes the EAA App.

I downloaded the Android version of the App, but it is for 2016. Looks really useful, but it contains 2016 info only (ie calendar for 2016 events etc).

There is an Update option, but that does not seem to be working (+ it may only be to update the 2016 info ?)

So, is there, or will there be a 2017 EAA App ?

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by FS-MP View Post
    Currently, the EAA website promotes the EAA App.

I downloaded the Android version of the App, but it is for 2016. Looks really useful, but it contains 2016 info only (ie calendar for 2016 events etc).

There is an Update option, but that does not seem to be working (+ it may only be to update the 2016 info ?)

So, is there, or will there be a 2017 EAA App ?

Geoff

OK.. found the answer to this the EAA website (6/27/17)

EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017 application, presented by Textron Aviation, is the official mobile app for AirVenture attendees. Whether you come to fly or come to watch, when you visit EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, you experience the World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration.

Be on the lookout on EAA social media, eHotline (our EAA member weekly newsletter), and the EAA website to get news on when the new EAA AirVenture Oshkosh App 2017 will be released and ready to download.
    The EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017 application will make it easy to plan your travel to Oshkosh and experience everything that AirVenture has to offer. With a new, more user-friendly platform, the app will help attendees to navigate the grounds, discover more than 1,000 attractions, workshops and forums, visit over 800 exhibitors, and never miss a moment.

The official EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017 application will be available SOON as a free download on iTunes (supports iOS version 9 or higher) and Google Play. (supports Android version 4.4 or higher)

Quote Originally Posted by FS-MP View Post
    OK.. found the answer to this the EAA website (6/27/17)

EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017 application, presented by Textron Aviation, is the official mobile app for AirVenture attendees. Whether you come to fly or come to watch, when you visit EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, you experience the World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration.

Be on the lookout on EAA social media, eHotline (our EAA member weekly newsletter), and the EAA website to get news on when the new EAA AirVenture Oshkosh App 2017 will be released and ready to download.
    The EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017 application will make it easy to plan your travel to Oshkosh and experience everything that AirVenture has to offer. With a new, more user-friendly platform, the app will help attendees to navigate the grounds, discover more than 1,000 attractions, workshops and forums, visit over 800 exhibitors, and never miss a moment.

The official EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017 application will be available SOON as a free download on iTunes (supports iOS version 9 or higher) and Google Play. (supports Android version 4.4 or higher)
    I can confirm the app is being feverishly worked on as we speak and we're close to releasing it!
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cernjar View Post
    I can confirm the app is being feverishly worked on as we speak and we're close to releasing it!
    Good to hear -- looking forward to checking it out.

App installed -- works very well .. looks like I will have very full "Schedule"

Good Job
    Geoff

Just added it--looks like a big improvement over past apps, some of which were really hard to use.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

I must be missing something. Even if the app won't pull my itinerary from the EAA web site (a big flaw, but it is what it is), isn't there some way to at least build and show an itinerary within the app?? I'm not finding a way to do that. I can "star" forums and stuff that I want to attend, but there doesn't appear to be a way to view the itinerary...
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

> I can "star" forums and stuff that I want to attend, but there doesn't appear to be a way to view the itinerary...

After clicking various stars, on my iPad, I touch the menu icon in top right corner, then touch "My EAA" followed by "My Schedule"

Ah! There it is, thanks.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

App was working for me when I downloaded it but now I am getting an error message when I open it.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh