Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How hard Is it to get job after A & P class?

Sorry computer glitches a Lot on this forum.

My teacher talks a lot of jobs at Bombardeer, Mesa , SW Air, but then mentions how Slipshod Bomb is..I don't wanna work there.

I can always retire in two years, I don't need the work. He also sez Id be working graveyard, and sweeping hangers/changing loo filters for2 years before I Touch an engine. S*** That! .

Getting discouraged..maybee my 5 year pipe dream was just so much smoke? I already paid back part of my Pell Grant.

Maybe you need to expand your market of opportunities......pretty sure you could go somewhere like Oscoda Mi and get a job in Kalitta's engine shop. If that's what you want to do.

My son-in-law had a job at Tinker AFB before he graduated A&P school. Started out as an internship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
    Im taking the A & P class, with Avionics and structural, at PCC in July. A friend said I would not get work when I got out, without 2 years experience! Yet my teacher said he has seen 100% employment! Who's Right?

I don't wanna take the class and get Stuck in the : "no experience/no job" rut like I did with electronics, that's one reason Im taking it! (Big reason, I luv planes and fixing motors. I need a change,) I'm too old to join the air force. I don't wanna do this just to have to retire and rust away...

I don't wanna post his on Y/A , as I get a lot of Unintelligent answers with no references/experiences.
    I'm 69 years old and just got my A&P Certificates this past January. I could have gone to work the day I graduated, but I only got my license so I could work on my own airplanes. Most of the students who passed their Oral & Practicals and got their A&P Certificates went to work within a couple of weeks of graduations. The jobs are out there, but you have to work hard in school, make good grades and have good attendance while in school. Take you FAA exams just as soon as you are eligible and take your O&P's just as soon as you can. Good luck.

My Geep is 3.81 so fart. I was told by a SkyWest employee to take Structural exam as soon as done or I'll forget too much. Good Advice.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Maybe you need to expand your market of opportunities......pretty sure you could go somewhere like Oscoda Mi and get a job in Kalitta's engine shop. If that's what you want to do.
    I don't see why I'd take a 2 1/2 year course just be a shop monkey when any 16 year old could? Id like to Prove I have a brain. Besides I don want to, live back east are

Doesn't Matter. Closing thread,.. Im dropping the A & P class. My teachers hate me, Im holding up the class. I was working hours after class for a week at my Blueprinting and barely caught up. Then, one B/P was stolen. I am slipping behind again this week. I think is the best option for all , not the Easiest. Im just not sure what do about my grants. The Fnancial aide counselor can help me with this Weds.

Doesn't mater, dropping class.

Doesn't matter I am dropipng clas I was a fool to try.

Don't need a 2 1/2 year A & P class to work as a greas monkey. It doesn't matter as Im dropping clas. Make youy Happy?