Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How hard Is it to get job after A & P class?

How hard Is it to get job after A & P class?

Im taking the A & P class, with Avionics and structural, at PCC in July. A friend said I would not get work when I got out, without 2 years experience! Yet my teacher said he has seen 100% employment! Who's Right?

I don't wanna take the class and get Stuck in the : "no experience/no job" rut like I did with electronics, that's one reason Im taking it! (Big reason, I luv planes and fixing motors. I need a change,) Im too old to join the air force. I don't wanna do this just to have to retire and rust away...

I don't wanna post his on Y/A , as I get a lot of Unintelligent answers with no references/experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
    Im taking the A & P class, with Avionics and structural, at PCC in July. A friend said I would not get work when I got out, without 2 years experience! Yet my teacher said he has seen 100% employment! Who's Right?
    I think 100% placement within a month of graduation is accurate, for someone with avionics training it will likely be 100% placement within 5 min. after graduation. The demand is so high right now due to the ADS-B deadline approaching. You can pick up the phone and almost any avionics shop will be hiring. When I was at an IA recurrent course a few months ago, a guy that owned an avionics shop was doing the ADS-B sessions and said he would talk to anyone present that was interested in a job.

When I was in A&P school, some guys from Disney theme park came in looking to hire A&P's to work in amusement parks and maintain rides. They sought out A&P's because of their training in electrical, hydraulics, structures, welding, etc. Same for companies like Schlumberger.

I only want to fix engines, not Av or work for Disney.

This same guy said that Id have to work at a hub, no just any airport or a G/A airstrip, like id like to. Whos right?

I don't wanna concentrate on AV, I wanna fix engines. Not work for Disney. either.

The same guy said I had to work at a hub, I couldnt work at "just any" airport or G/QA airstrip. like I wanted (I only need $15/hr, I just want a job I know I'll love and will be there, tomorrow.)

who is right?

ay" ar

ipor or a G/Airstrip

arr or G/strp, lk I' ante(Idteeovr $ an hor, wnt ottlb tre,omora do wh love, strilikeIaned I d needover 1/hor.WhiRgh

Sorry my puter glitched.

My friend get a job before he finished his course. I meant he signed the contract about job before he was out of school. There is always lots of jobs around and I have to agree with your teacher. Why you should listen to your friend? because he is you friend? what does he knows about planes and that kind of job?

...I get a lot of Unintelligent answers with no references/experiences.
    I'm retired, never worked as an A&P, and still get cards in the mail with promises to favorably consider my application for wrenching jobs with commuter airlines and commercial drone operators. Your mileage may vary.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20170627183159AAOExmx

I posted on Y/A I got several very good answers!

One said he sent out 100 resumes, but got work. Retired after 30 rears

Class starts Tomorrow (7-19) . I'll wear my P-38 "Lightning " shirt.Wish me luck!?
    Last edited by Mallory; 07-09-2017 at 07:20 AM.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20170627183159AAOExmx

I posted on Y/A I got several very good answers!

One said he sent out 100 resumes, but got work. Retired after 30 rears

Class starts Tomorrow (7-19) . I'll wear my P-38 "Lightning " shirt.Wish me luck!?
    Start applying now! Bet you will be hired before you are out of class. Location will likely be a problem though. If you need to stay in your area options are limited. That is why you need to give advanced notice. You don't want to graduate and be told "we just hired two guys last week".

Thanks. Jedi

abcher constantly alks of Bonmbaderer, S air. M<esa, etxc, but disses ob. I gues I don't wanr t o weork ther.
    No anyplace thaty hasm swweepuighages and hanging loo iltersa a io ngh sfghf two tysr.I donm reallyned the job, xcan retire. I