Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ice Sales

Bill, I am an ice aficianado and have been frustrated the last few years since EAA parted ways with the vendor that sold fountain sodas with ice. Now the sodas etc. are sold in bottles, and because of the volume of sales, many times the bottled stuff isn't cold because they are sold so fast they don't spend enough time in the coolers. BUT if you go to the A & W stands, and there are several on the grounds (I hope they're still there this year), they will give you a big free cup of ice if you ask. There are also several places on grounds with air con, including the bathroom trailers, the bathroom areas in the exhibit hangars, and some of the EAA shops.

Yeah, bottled water is inefficient. I read that working (walking) in the heat can require 16-32oz water per hour.
    A cup of ice isn't enough, but maybe A&W would fill my two quart cooler for free or $1?
    I bought this two quart beverage cooler yesterday at Walmart (only $4.89). I think it might hold 5 pounds of ice and water and perhaps last all day with tap water refills. Not too heavy to carry. I will test it with ice cubes and see how long it takes to melt.
    So the $2 ten pound bag of ice will go in my small foam cooler ( previous post). If I use 5 pounds of ice each day that's $1 per day.
    Buying 6-12 bottles of water each day is $12-$24 and a bunch of plastic to recycle.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  22.6 KB

edit: the red cooler holds 4 pounds of water.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 07-13-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Well the A & W cups are pretty big, I think about 20 ounces, they're not just little water cups. I would also recommend taking the trams, especially if you are going from one end of the grounds to the other without stopping. I usually park down south, and take a tram up to warbirds, and then gradually work my way south from there, for example.

At AirVenture now. Much infrastructure improvements. Hopefully the squall and thunderstorm which just came thru does not set staging back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The 10 day forecast is now showing high temps in the 78° to 82° range.

Bill, I was on the grounds today and the A and W was open, and the guy was happy to give me a cup of ice. Just FYI!

Thanks.
    I will stop by A&W for sure.