Thread: Thank You Staff and Volunteers

Thank You Staff and Volunteers

I know there are plenty of members more than willing to opine their real or imagined AV experience but I wish to share my thanks for all the hard work needed to put together and then execute the gathering we call Oshkosh . THANK YOU !

Banned
    ++1

Very few complaints from me, certainly none that impact negatively on my week long experience and enjoyment. However, if the organizers could do something about those nasty humid days I would be forever grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    However, if the organizers could do something about those nasty humid days I would be forever grateful.
    The event would have to move to some place with a better summer climate, like Orlando. Unfortunately the link no longer works.

See: Weather Extremes : Record Dew Point Temperatures : Weather Underground

But it was during the July heat wave of 1995 that the highest dew point of all was measured in the Upper Midwest: 90° at Appleton, Wisconsin at 5 p.m. on July 13th of that summer. The air temperature stood at 101° in Appleton at that time leading to a heat index reading of 148°, perhaps the highest such reading ever measured in the United States.

Maybe you're trolling the group, but outdoors in Orlando in July is the last place I'd want to be.

I also appreciate the work of the staff and volunteers. I know that there were some tough years, after Tom retired and before Jack took the helm--it was obvious when I would chat with some of the staff and volunteers that things were getting tense. I haven't noticed nearly that sort of thing since Jack came aboard, so I hope I'm right.

I also wish Oshkosh weather was a bit more predictable. I've seen some really nice days and nights, and I've been drenched, both with rain and with sweat, on many occasions. I've enjoyed gentle breezes and endured 55 knot gales. None of that has ruined my experience, but a little more consistency would be nice!

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

I would like to thank the volunteers as they are the reason the show can go on. With out them the worlds greatest airshow and maybe the greatest show of any kind would not be possible. They are there in weather that has been difficult to say the least from well before the show, to after most are back home in their own beds. Thank you Dave

Good Lord willing I'll be there again as I have from 1970 (??) when we parked on the access road right in front of the main gate. If the weather cooperates I'll be flying in again, if not it's a long ride in the pickup.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!