Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce and need help...

If you do meet with him, and he refuse to comely, you are allowed to kick his A$$. REMEMBER Idaho is an open carry state. A shot gun poked up a guys nose has been known to change his mind.

Could you arrange to meet the police officer/sheriff you have already dealt with, and go with him to the guy's house. Allow yourself a week, or however long you can spare, and go back every day until you find him? If you find him the first day, you've got another few days to explore Idaho
    Last edited by Janet Davidson; 11-22-2011 at 04:25 PM.

He may be living one day at a time without any money left.
    Not much can be done in that case, as far as I know.

Jacques: In case there is any confusion, I'm sure you realize Mr. Downey is probably joking as it isn't likely that any court in this land would consider intimidating a swindler to be a justifiable use of deadly force. An "assault with a deadly weapon" charge would probably not be healthy for an airline career!

I do feel your pain. It hurts when ones trust is betrayed and that has happened to me several times in this business. Looking on the positive side, however, the very fact that so many of us in the aviation field are willing to extend trust to strangers worldwide shows that for the most part folks are still deserving of that trust and that's a good thing.

From the aviators I met as a kid, along with reading the writing of great aviators such as Lindbergh and your own Exupery (still my favorite aviation writer) I started out thinking only those of high ideals and integrety flew the skies. It was hard finding out later on in life that not everyone associated with aviation was perfect...some very far from it! I still think, as a group, we're pretty darn good!

I wish you luck. I know a few Kitfox owners here in Fairbanks and I'll pass on your information when I see them so they can avoid dealing with that charactor. Thanks....Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Jacques: In case there is any confusion, I'm sure you realize Mr. Downey is probably joking as it isn't likely that any court in this land would consider intimidating a swindler to be a justifiable use of deadly force. An "assault with a deadly weapon" charge would probably not be healthy for an airline career!

I do feel your pain. It hurts when ones trust is betrayed and that has happened to me several times in this business. Looking on the positive side, however, the very fact that so many of us in the aviation field are willing to extend trust to strangers worldwide shows that for the most part folks are still deserving of that trust and that's a good thing.

From the aviators I met as a kid, along with reading the writing of great aviators such as Lindbergh and your own Exupery (still my favorite aviation writer) I started out thinking only those of high ideals and integrety flew the skies. It was hard finding out later on in life that not everyone associated with aviation was perfect...some very far from it! I still think, as a group, we're pretty darn good!

I wish you luck. I know a few Kitfox owners here in Fairbanks and I'll pass on your information when I see them so they can avoid dealing with that charactor. Thanks....Louis
    Mr. Downey was joking....damn, I was thinking comming with a Super etendard marine with the 2 30mm guns...

My former airline was Cargolux and I did some landing at Fairbanks with some stay at the "Sophie station motel" and some retaurant at the "Turtle club". Nice place (in summer) with nice old birds (DC6,7). Thanks for your message to Kitfox owner's.

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    Mr. Downey was joking....damn, I was thinking comming with a Super etendard marine with the 2 30mm guns...

My former airline was Cargolux and I did some landing at Fairbanks with some stay at the "Sophie station motel" and some retaurant at the "Turtle club". Nice place (in summer) with nice old birds (DC6,7). Thanks for your message to Kitfox owner's.
    That would certainly teach that guy some manners!

It's a shame Cargolux isn't dropping in here anymore. We used to get Air France and also Lufthansa. They apparently all got rerouted through Anchorage, etc. I miss seeing all those heavies.

There was a guy named Gumi (that's how it sounded, not sure of the spelling) who flew for Cargolux who would always drop by and see us at Wright Air Service and would occasionally ride along on our schedules when he had time. Did you ever run into him? He was from Iceland and his family ran an air service over there.

Thank you for your service protecting our freedom. Have you ever come to Eielsen AFB for military excercises? Let me know if you're ever coming back this way so I can press you into service as a guest speaker at one of our EAA chapter meetings...Louis

I remember Gumi, I did 2 or 3 flight with him. Nice guy. I also remember during one take off from PAFA with a F-15 taking off from Eielsen and just doing a close flight to us for 10'. Nice!

I do not come anymore in this part of the world with my airline or when I fly for the Navy. It is more on the midle east...

So, I ask the local newspaper : no answer, same with the local TV...

Nobody from Idaho as a lawyer or any else...

Even the police or law can not help me.
    Last edited by jacques; 11-29-2011 at 01:55 PM.

The injustice you must feel! I would send your friend to his place for a visit. This guy should at least have to end up face to face with someone and answer for what he does. I agree, this country is way to easy on those who steal, I face it in my business when an employee steals from me and the police do absolutely nothing, but god forbid I don't get back to the authorities when child support or the like isn't handled by my business as this government sees fit. I feel your pain.

Jacques,

Sorry to hear you are not getting anywhere. Sadly there are rogues and swindlers the world over. I, and my family, have had the misfortune to come across one in my hometown in Scotland, and another one in the south of France. In both cases it was pretty much impossible to get the money back. Even the one in Scotland, who lived a couple of streets away from me, and whom I took to court. Deeply frustrated by it all, eventually I tried to mark it down to experience, and learn never to allow myself to get in the same position again.

Sounds to me like your man believes whole heartedly that you will never go to Idaho to get your money back so he has absolutely no concerns. There's only one way to sort that out.