Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Introduce and need help...

One month and still no news of money or parts. This add was just to win time and let think to all off us that this guy was finaly a good guy. It seems not!

I figured it would go wrong when the wait and see approach came forward.. By now the money is spent the parts are gone. I think now the best course of action is not to throw good money after bad and chalk it up as a life lesson and go forward. I'm sorry for your loss.

I will not let him quite. Be sure.
    Last edited by jacques; 02-22-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Well, after a little investigation of the police, it seems that some on this forum are not who they say they are and come only to show that Tom Garcia was becoming nice.

Tom Garcia pretended to apologize to sell its aircraft parts quietly and keep the money he owes me. Of course, a crook is a crook and all this was again a lie. I'm sorry for all of us lovers of the plane so that an individual uses our forum for that.

The FBI, through the internet crime complaint is being investigated and will take place soon. Tom Garcia was convicted in France for fraud and has no interest in putting his big fat ass one day on the French territory. Note how an idiot like that might want to travel and discover the world ....

My former airline was Cargolux
    So you used to come through my part of the world. I see the Cargolux 747s in and out of here. One of their crews got a good laugh when the Indianapolis tower controller goofed up and cleared them to takeoff with a wake turbulence advisory for the "traffic on roll out on 23R". The traffic just happened to be a 172 with myself and a friend on board.

If you (or anyone else from the forums) ever find yourself here again, let me know.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    ...it seems that some on this forum are not who they say they are and come only to show that Tom Garcia was becoming nice.

Tom Garcia pretended to apologize to sell its aircraft parts quietly and keep the money he owes me. Of course, a crook is a crook and all this was again a lie. I'm sorry for all of us lovers of the plane so that an individual uses our forum for that..
    Hello Jacques,
    It is really not very clear who exactly you are referring to with this statement, you may want to be more specific if you feel this is important to share.
    While I certainly hope your statement wasn't directed towards me for posting Mr Garcia's barnstormers ad. I was simply attempting to pass on his public apology to you.
    I'm sorry for your loss and extreme frustration in this situation. I wish you the best.
    Joe

Seems like my advice in post #9 and 21 gain credibility. The only time these type do the right thing is when they fear for their life.

Several people here have mentioned small claims court and I think my info may be of interest, if no help directly to Jacques. I have been to small claims court 3 times, won 2, settled the 3rd.

A local contractor, a friend even, did a stone deck for me,and his charge was much a lot higher than the estimate. The other factor is he would not even show up for work and his mom kept asking for a check that day, so I got suspicious, maybe too much so. I suggested we go to court and let them decide, which we did and split the difference,he seemed fine with that.
    Turns out later it came out that my friend is an alcoholic, and while he might have good intentions one day, the next morning he is drunk and can't get to work. A real shame, an otherwise nice guy, but he just can't kick the habit, he is now serving a 1 year sentence for multiple dui offenses, luckily without hitting anyone. He is not a mean drunk, he would just drive his truck somewhere, park and pull out a bottle.

2nd case,the repair shop put the wrong part on my plane, part number was close, but not exact and it failed soon. Big shot head of FBO in Chicago ignored my polite letters until night before the court case and offered partial refund. I won full value refund in court, and got the payment.

3rd, case, loaned $2000 to a local kid's ski coach who I thought I knew, who was from a good family in town, and I had a written contract. No payment, lot's of bs, so I went to small claims court, and found he had 23 previous judgements against him and his wife even had a few. I won the court easily he didn't even show up. BUT GOT NO MONEY, he claimed to have no assets,even the old truck was not in his name. Found he had cheated other people in town.

If you go to court: The good news
    1. iT'S Cheap, fee here is only $45.
    2. Don't need attorney, not even allowed.
    3. If you have evidence, documents etc. you can get a fair hearing and win.
    4. Small claims means a max amount, here now is $7500.

THE BAD NEWS, all you win is the right to have the sheriff seize the assets to pay the claim. What you most likely find is if the guy is really a full time con man, that he either has no assets of any worth or has hidden them in some way. I still think it is worth $45 to have a court decide that I am in the right, and get a record on file against someone like that.That might help the next guy.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-06-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    Hello Jacques,
    It is really not very clear who exactly you are referring to with this statement, you may want to be more specific if you feel this is important to share.
    While I certainly hope your statement wasn't directed towards me for posting Mr Garcia's barnstormers ad. I was simply attempting to pass on his public apology to you.
    I'm sorry for your loss and extreme frustration in this situation. I wish you the best.
    Joe
    Not you Joe. Thanks for the add.

I cant tell more, it is a mandatory, I am sure you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    If you go to court: The good news
    1. iT'S Cheap, fee here is only $45.
    2. Don't need attorney, not even allowed.
    3. If you have evidence, documents etc. you can get a fair hearing and win.
    4. Small claims means a max amount, here now is $7500.

THE BAD NEWS, all you win is the right to have the sheriff seize the assets to pay the claim. What you most likely find is if the guy is really a full time con man, that he either has no assets of any worth or has hidden them in some way. I still think it is worth $45 to have a court decide that I am in the right, and get a record on file against someone like that.That might help the next guy.
    How can I go to the court?

I am redy to let all the money to the Sheriff just to give a good lesson to this guy.