Thread: Bell Helicopter Rides

Wink Bell Helicopter Rides

Does anyone know how you buy advanced tickets for the Bell Helicopter rides? Last year I remember waiting in a long line because I didn't buy them in advance.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

As far as I know, they are only available at Pioneer Airport, only the B-17 and Trimotor have online pre-purchase?

Arrive early if you don't want to end up in the long line. Believe the helio ops start at 8:00am. No pre-purchase and if there was, you would still have quite a wait on the busy days.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Bell 47 Helicopter: See AirVenture from above!
    Take a flight in a unique pattern over the AirVenture grounds on a Bell 47 (M*A*S*H) helicopter. Experience AirVenture like you never have before and get a birds-eye view of the entire grounds at once.

Flight times:
    Sunday prior to AirVenture: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.

Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.

Friday-Saturday: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.

Sunday: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.

Hours are subject to change without notice.

Cost:

Purchase your tickets at Pioneer Airport’s Pitcairn Hangar, located behind the EAA AirVenture Museum. Shuttle to the museum run from the Bus Park frequently.

Infield Helicopter Tour (5 minutes): $49 per person (walk up only)

Bell Bell 47 Helicopter page with Arial Route Map

It's a very short ride, but fun enough that I've done it twice. It is a pretty spectacular way to see the enormity of the show!

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

Sorry to reopen an old thread. Do ticket sales start at 8am, or flights start? I'm just trying to plan what is a good time to arrive Wednesday morning to start the waiting process . In other words, can I buy a ticket at say 7am in the hopes of being on flight close to the 8am start? Does a line start outside the hangar waiting for the hangar doors to open? I'm happy to wait in whatever line, I have a friend attending his first AirVenture as a day trip, so want to try to set expectations the best I can.