Thread: Camp Chair Recommendations

Camp Chair Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a camp chair that is lightweight, comfortable and fold up small enough to fit in my baggage compartment?
    Mike
    Aeronca 7AC
    Rans S-6
    KLXT

I have two of these. One of the smaller, lighter options I've found. They sit fairly well too.

https://www.amazon.com/Moon-Lence-Ul...rds=camp+chair

I've got several dozen (or so it seems) of those "tube" chairs, including a freebie I got from Continental a few years back.

Helinox makes several that would fill the bill without taking much room. I just recently bought their "Chair 2 Rocker"--used my REI dividend and 20% off coupon--otherwise way too pricey. But it's very well made, very light weight, surprisingly comfortable, and folds amazingly compactly. https://www.rei.com/product/106192/h...air-two-rocker

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

I'd shy away from a chair that has legs that can sink into the ground unless you're only going to use it on paved surfaces. Disclaimer - I'm built for traction, not for speed so I need to spread out the 'load' - lol

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I'd shy away from a chair that has legs that can sink into the ground unless you're only going to use it on paved surfaces. Disclaimer - I'm built for traction, not for speed so I need to spread out the 'load' - lol
    Lots of the chairs with "pointy legs" have plastic feet that spread the load. I was curious about that when I bought my chairs.

A 3"x3"x1/4" piece of plywood will keep the chair leg from sinking in. I keep a piece in the tiny tool bag of my motorcycle to keep the kick stand from sinking into hot asphalt, or soft dirt.
    Bob

Thanks to all for your input!

Mike
    7AC Champ
    RANS S-6S
    KLXT

Had this for AV14 and is often used for kids' soccer games and family BBQs. really light and compact. https://www.rei.com/product/877258/r...flexlite-chair