Has anyone flown their own airplane to Cuba,? Will the new restrictions just announced today prevent going by private plane?
My Son visited 3 years ago and liked it . He found the people friendly and with a positive attitude toward the U S and hoping for further contacts with us. He thought the food was good, fresh vegetables and lobster and very cheap, under $10 for lunch. He likes spicy and doesn't mind pretty basic accommodations if the price is right.
The only conflict he had with police, or govt was for walking on the grass where prohibited, which was resolved.
There was someone doing a forum at EAA last year on visiting Cuba, I recall him saying not expect the kind of service one finds here. They do have a number of airports and a one or two good hotels and others like the Canadians have been visiting all these years when the U S has been on the outs with Castro.
Its another country, but only 90 miles from Florida, about the same as Nassau. I have flown to the Bahamas twice, was pretty easy, and the shortest way was about 75 miles over water.