Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shuttle/Tram route color "Yellow" Yippee !

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!

New Shuttle/Tram route color "Yellow" Yippee !

Shuttles

Shuttles (buses and/or trams) run from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily, and 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.

Blue Route:
    Wittman Rd. from the Vintage Area, to Ultralight Area to Seaplane Base shuttle stop.

Yellow Route: FAA ATC Tower/Convention HQ to Vintage Area. Stops at the Exhibit Hangars and Vern Ave.
    Green Route: FAA ATC tower to the Bus Park
    Red Route: Knapp St. from the North 40/Warbirds Area to the FAA ATC Tower/Convention HQ, with stops at Warbirds, Forums and Workshops.
    Museum/KidVenture – Bus departs Bus Park for KidVenture located at Pioneer Airport and swings over to EAA AirVenture Museum.
    Campground – Bus makes several stops through its loop through Camp Scholler en route to the Bus Park.
    North 40 – Bus route along North 40 perimeter road from Admission Gate located near Warbirds to Knapp St./20th Ave.
    Seaplane Base – Departs the Bus Park and south of Ultralights Area for the Seaplane Base, located in a picturesque cove along Lake Winnebago. $3 per rider round-trip

Source and 2017 Transportation map / Times they run
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 06-14-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Hi Wrongway, got a minor correction for you, Trams (or shuttles...tractor and carts) start at 8 AM and go till 8 PM. Also, Red tram has added route going through Homebuilt camping. Hard to see on map. Had to get my glasses on. Just got my driving schedule .

Pretty much restores the yellow route of old which was removed a few years back and restores the major tram junction at the control tower. I think these are good moves.

I'm conducting all 9 days - it will be interesting to experience at the Saturday (7/22) meeting just how they'll be managing the flow and exchange points at the tower 'yard'. There's no way around the delay potential (reality) we have each year at the Active taxiway by Warbirds, but bringing back the Yellow route 'should' greatly improve the transit turn-around time and unwanted tram stacking from the Tower to Vintage. I know last year they experimented with 'some' of the Red trams being diverted through Homebuilt camping, don't know if that's how they'll do it this year or if all of the Reds will make the loop.

I admit I'm already getting jazzed for the adventure at AirVenture. I do luv me some airplanes.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    On the grounds, trams and buses will now be referred to as shuttles with new signs designating stops.
    The Yellow route running from FAA ATC Tower/Convention HQ to the Vintage area will be reestablished.
    The Red route will be extended into Homebuilt camping.
    A new shuttle stop will be added on the Camp Scholler route near Gate 27.
    A new pedestrian path will allow visitors to walk through the F Lot to alleviate overcrowding in the area of the Camp Scholler East Gate.

Source: Getting Around at AirVenture 2017

View Detailed Shuttle Schedule pdf
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 06-15-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    There's no way around the delay potential (reality) we have each year at the Active taxiway by Warbirds,
    They could build one of THESE to solve the delay at the Active taxiway.
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 06-15-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Randy, new transit map shows all red going through home built camping. Question will be, clockwise or counterclockwise. As usually happens, some new drivers will take scenic route and go who knows where LOL

That's kinda where I was pondering too. The way the map is showing stops there actually isn't one shown by Warbirds? it looks to be more like where the reenactors camp is?

Also...looking at the shuttle map - Isn't the intersection of Vern Ave and Knapp drawn incorrectly? The street runs straight along the north edge of Parking Lot "F". There is no hard dog-leg to continue along building B?
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 06-15-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    That's kinda where I was pondering too. The way the map is showing stops there actually isn't one shown by Warbirds? it looks to be more like where the reenactors camp is?

Also...looking at the shuttle map - Isn't the intersection of Vern Ave and Knapp drawn incorrectly? The street runs straight along the north edge of Parking Lot "F". There is no hard dog-leg to continue along building B?
    That dog leg was there last year. Changes are being made at that intersection to help alleviate traffic jams. The admission gate is being moved but can't remember what else. Could be the tram stop at that intersection has been removed.

Note that I can almost bet the tram routes will be rerouted back to the 8' fence line/perimeter road going through Vintage when the "Blue" line is in effect Fri/Sat/Sun at airshow time.
    Plan accordingly.