Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Food at EAA Airventure?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Who has priority ? Members or concessions?
    A compromise would be to offer a few pounds of ice to EAA members in a semi-secret location where the masses don't go.
    Cold bottled water isn't best, it warms in a few minutes. I would like to bring my insulated lunch bag and fill it with about 2 pounds of ice once or twice each day.
    EAA makes money from the concessions. Do the math. ;-)

Back to food.
    This link https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pl...nd-concessions has the food vendors listed. you can click on the individual vendors and see their menus. My favorites in the past have been BENVENUTOS (Warbird area) and The Roxy - Aces Bistro (Homebuilders area). Both are Airventure offshoots of local Oshkosh restaurants.

Banned
    Who has priority ? Members or concessions?
    A compromise would be to offer a few pounds of ice to EAA members in a semi-secret location where the masses don't go.
    Priority? I believe they try to strike a balance to accomodate and please the most possible without alienating one for the other.

"...semi-secret location..." Really??? You're advocating subterfuge, surreptitiousness..... my, my,my! The days of giving preference and certain benefits to members over non-members ended decades ago. However, if Jack sees your recommendation and agrees, my semi-secret location preference is in the Icon exhibit--no one goes there anymore.

If you have the ability to do so, freezing water bottles and then putting them in that insulated lunch bag will provide hours of cool water sipping. But for all day in the blazing sun with no shade? I have no practical suggestions beyond frequent purchases of small cold drinks.

I wouldn't mind buying 2 pounds of ice from a vendor for $1. They can get 20 pound bags of ice at Walmart for $2.
    I don't mind paying the 10 times mark up.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    If you have the ability to do so, freezing water bottles and then putting them in that insulated lunch bag will provide hours of cool water sipping. But for all day in the blazing sun with no shade? I have no practical suggestions beyond frequent purchases of small cold drinks.
    No. But if I had a cooler in the car with one or two bags of ice, would the ice melt in one day or last a couple days?

Maybe I will try iced soup. Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    ...just eating a smaller portion (one hot dog, not two for example) and drinking lots of fluids ( mostly water ) probably is a wise choice...those nine days I kinda forget about dieting and just enjoy it all.
    Reading all the posts to page 5, yours advice is convincing, kind sir. I carry simple light high-fiber snacks like granola bars plus a single water bottle and refill it often throughout the day rather than lugging a cooler and leaving a trail of empties in a series of trash cans. Buy a hot meal a day (sandwich or the like) from a vendor. They're gonna serve what their accumulated experience says - sells. So whoever thinks gourmet beverages and haute cuisine etc are the way to go could invest in a booth, get the permits and licensing, and become rich competing with their plebeian fare. Or maybe not.

My only sustenance complaint about this and most other airshow venues is that clean fresh drinking water from a tap is often hard to find. Yeah, cold water is nice and hops improves the flavor, but plain old room temperature water does the job until sundown.

Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    My only sustenance complaint about this and most other airshow venues is that clean fresh drinking water from a tap is often hard to find. Yeah, cold water is nice and hops improves the flavor, but plain old room temperature water does the job until sundown.

Your mileage may vary.
    Mike, hit the "real toilet" bathrooms outside the exhibit hangars. Running water fountains there - sometimes cold!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

No. But if I had a cooler in the car with one or two bags of ice, would the ice melt in one day or last a couple days?
    If you spend $300 on a Yeti, the ice will probably last a couple of days. My little foam cooler in the shade? One day max.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    If you spend $300 on a Yeti, the ice will probably last a couple of days. My little foam cooler in the shade? One day max.
    I just read a review on the Yeti. Apparently it can go up to ten days if filled mostly with ice (not much beer).
    A cheap Colman might go a few days if I pack some foam inside.