Thread: Food at EAA Airventure?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Food at EAA Airventure?

If you are at EAA Airventure all week, can you eat healthy? I like brats, but they have a lot of fat ,and living on them and french fries for a week is not good. I know there are some foreign style food stands near show center, with long lines, but that doesnt cover much of the rest of the airport. Just saw an article on how fried potatoes, Ie french fries, are not healthy, and I doubt if much could be less healthy than fried cheese curds. What do you guys eat? There may be some salads, but I dont like salads or dressing. Some of the stands like DQ at the hangars have only hot dogs.
    Not a matter of health, just taste, but I really wish there were some soft drink choices other than Pepsi, its awful and gets worse for the week. How bout Dr, Pepper and Coke like most places. Is there a state law giving Pepsi a monopoly?
    While waiting in a food line this week, I was talking to a vegetarian, and I was thinking aobut what food is good for us, balanced by tastes. Think of this, a gorilla eats only leaves etc, no meat at all, a white shark eats only fish or meat, no veggies, and a grizzly bear eats both, anything including us if we get too close, and all three are strong, fast and healthy?
    What should a person eat? Well we have both kinds of teeth, both cutting and chewing, so maybe we are designed to eat a wide range?
    It takes a bit of looking but last time I was at Lakeland, years ago, there were a few better meals.
    I remember when the Berlin wall finally opened up the folks from East were starved for everything and flooded into the west and the one food they really wanted and missed was fresh bananas!
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 06-13-2017 at 02:01 PM.