Thread: Hal, thanks for the forum

Hal, thanks for the forum

Hal,:
    1. Your forum is good, and I and I m sure others appreciate it. Other than Oshkosh it is my main contact to EAA. I look at the magazine each month, but that is only one way, the forum is interactive. Im not on Facebook, so this forum is more than just dry serial numbers of parts, its also how people think and feel abut issues. I wish it was more, not less.
    2. If you have your other full time job, and therefore dont really have time to lead the forum, maybe you should get someone like Glory to assist with that.. Maybe with a little more flex than Glory had. This forum should not be burden to you, and it shouldnt put you into a negative place, which if I read between the lines it seems like.
    3. I have an open view of what a forum or talk place should be, that open discussion is good. The cream will rise to the top and it will be obvious who those with hot air and no substance are. In my opinion there are only one or two people who are not good for the forum in that they continually attack what others write, not just facts but claim to know the sentiment behind anything I write. There are a couple of folks who could ease their tone, but in any case I think a personal warning should be sent by pm before anyone is kicked off. We are adults and if anyone doesnt like someone, dont read what they write. It is a bit strange that my main enemy on the forum is someone who Ive never met, far as I know.
    4, And above all, recall that if it wasn't for this forum feedback, you might still have that yellow and brown logo from a few years ago.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 06-07-2017 at 01:54 PM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    1. Thanks Bill! I've been with the forums since the beginning, since they were hosted on the old site, that which shall not be named. I'm as big a believer now as I was then.

2. I didn't mean to imply that it was a burden, just trying to realistically set expectations that, with limited time, I'm forced to take a less, umm, nuanced approach. As for hiring someone, we're working on that. Should have some news soon.

3. I agree.

4. I know you'd love to take credit for that...so I'll let you.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation