Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATC to be privatized

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    ...saying that "User Fees are the product of Senator Joe Schoo, who is an ignorant poopyhead who has to be told to close his mouth after he yawns" does not.
    This.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Can someone point to a synopsis of what this version of "privatization" entails? Without specifics, it is impossible to have a serious discussion or know how to react.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    With THAT said, we should not attempt to categorize the flaws of the politicians or parties involved. Ron Wanttaja
    I can no more separate the politician from the politics of an issue than I can seperate the wings from my fuselage and still make it meaningful and functional.

If we know anything about our government, they will privatize this, then regulate the heck out of it to make it work or run the way they want. Don't follow the regulations and, well we all know where this goes.

Tony

Had a good (though cynical) laugh at this today.

I was driving into Oshkosh today (for my quarterly visit to sneak in and fiddle with the adjustments of Hal's desk chair) and was listening to a local radio station.

The DJ was discussing the news, and said, "President Trump is going to privatize the airlines. I thought they already WERE private!"

And I thought that *I* was dumb as a box of rocks, back when I was a young DJ....

Ron "Did you know Paul McCartney used to be in another band?" Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I can no more separate the politician from the politics of an issue than I can seperate the wings from my fuselage and still make it meaningful and functional.
    Floats, I understand where you're coming from, but will hashing and rehashing the character flaws of President Trump, Senator Shmoo, or Representative Limpwrist help or hurt the effort to defeat this plan?

I don't see any way it can help, but I can see a number of ways it might hurt. There's probably nothing you can say that will affect anyone's opinion of the politicians involved. Yet the politicians themselves and their supporters might take umbrage, and decide that private pilots are a bunch of namby-pamby light-in-the-loafers liberals who can be safely ignored.

We need Republicans on our side, not rejecting us out of hand.

Ron Wanttaja

To much caffeine in here for me ! LOL
    Bob

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    To much caffeine in here for me ! LOL
    Bob
    I hear you, Bob.

When I started at EAA eight years, almost to the day, forums moderator was my full time job. Over the years, that role expanded to include the creation and management of all of our social media properties. When Glory came on, I accepted a promotion and moved to my current role as senior editor for digital and print content and publications. When Glory left, nobody else could step in and handle the forums so of course I stepped up. That means I'm doing my full time job from 8 years ago on top of my full time job today. I don't have time to take a gentle and nuanced approach to this, so I'm forced to step in and delete posts that not only flagrantly disregard the forum rules, but actually damage EAA's position in fighting for this particular issue - the latest attempt at ATC privatization.

Ron has said it very well a couple of times in this thread - attack the policy and the politics, not the politician. Doing otherwise destroys our credibility and won't be tolerated, period.

Unlike some on these boards, this thread absolutely *must* stay open. Rather than closing it, I'm forced to police it, which is a whole bunch of no fun, deleting those posts that ignore the rules. Repeat offenders will be banned, permanently. I don't have the time or resources to keep reminding people to behave like rational adults, so make your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I fly for fun and don't use ATC. So likely no effect on me either way. (I prefer private enterprise)
    Probably the best method to get our recreational input through to the President (private aircraft owner, former airline owner) is through his chief pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    I fly for fun and don't use ATC. So likely no effect on me either way. (I prefer private enterprise)
    Probably the best method to get our recreational input through to the President (private aircraft owner, former airline owner) is through his chief pilot.
    Dunno, Bill. Really depends on how they implement it. Could be an annual flat rate that all aircraft owners have to pay. Remember the board is going to be controlled by the airlines, so the more they can force GA to pay, the less the airlines have to shell out.

Ron Wanttaja