Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camping questions

Yes, your camper/tent and your car share the same roughly 20x30 foot space.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    If you're talking about Scholler (non-airplane camping), you just pull into a space that's not otherwise staked out or reserved. See the map: https://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/ai...ap-6-28-17.pdf

Portolets abound through the grounds. There are limited flush toilets and shower buildings at key locations (as shown on the map).
    FlyingRon, I just looked at the map you linked to and this is the first time I've noticed: "Non Generator Camping"! Does this mean that all camp sites that aren't non generator sites can have generators, but not for 24 hr. use?
    Bob

If memory serves I've read that generators in those areas cannot be run overnight - 10:30pm to about 6:30 am? It's in the guidelines I believe.

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pl...ler/guidelines
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 07-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Yes, the non-generator area is no generators period. Everywhere else outside of the 24 hour generator area allows generators in the daylight hours. But if you have one that's particularly noisy, get a new one. There was one guy who ran this horrendously loud one a few years back and every time it stopped there was a round of applause from everybody in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Yes, your camper/tent and your car share the same roughly 20x30 foot space.
    Thanks, it makes for charging up my electronics much easier that way That's also plenty of room for my tiny old Corolla and 6 man tent as well. The anticipation is killing me

We have been attending EAA Oshkosh since 1974 and camping since 1980 in Camp Scholler. All I can say is, come prepared for anything. Oshkosh Wisconsin can be too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, too bright at night, and too noisy all of the time. But if you like aviation, for one week out of the year, it is the place to be. It can be overwhelming in it's size. The show is great, but the people are even better. If you are in a tent, anchor it down better than you think that you should right away. Storms are common this time of year and they can be severe. Scholler offers showers, camp stores, medical and fire assistance. Everyone is willing to help make your stay enjoyable. The pavilions sell you just about anything. What they don't have, the flyMart might. Airplane stuff galore. A great military re-enactment area, Warbirds, homebuilts, aerobatic planes, antique / classics, ultralights and helicopters. Don't forget the float plane base. Free trams and buses will take you around specified routes if you don't care to walk. Forums available if you want to learn more about something. It's a family event and there are activities for spouses and children. Evening airshows, theater in the woods, outdoor movie theater, big name concerts and a variety of food vendors can round out your day. Enjoy your stay!

One last question, please.
    Can I drive on the campgrounds after I get there to a shower or do I have to walk to them? I plan on showering in the off hours, like overnight, as well. I'm not into bikes(bad back) and would prefer to get to them by driving if possible. Thanks!

You can drive up to the shower building but there's not a whole lot (if any) parking there. Of course, late at night you probably can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    You can drive up to the shower building but there's not a whole lot (if any) parking there. Of course, late at night you probably can get away with it.
    Good to know...I'll give it a shot and see. At least I know I can do it,lol. Thanks