Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Web Cams

Web Cams

Anyone know when the web cams will be in operation ?

Bill L

Looking through a few pages here, it looks like they didn't start operating until mid July last year.
    They've got to get the towers up first. Then the people who handle the communication to them have to be there. I figure they're either contractors or volunteers. There needs to be something to look at too. I wouldn't think there's too much activity yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDow View Post
    Looking through a few pages here, it looks like they didn't start operating until mid July last year.
    They've got to get the towers up first. Then the people who handle the communication to them have to be there. I figure they're either contractors or volunteers. There needs to be something to look at too. I wouldn't think there's too much activity yet.
    Yeah, except for that one week (actually about 10 days, with early arrivals), KOSH is a pretty quiet airport.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

That's about right! I help manage that implementation at EAA and it ends up being about that time once the wayfinding towers are up and we get everything connected. We do it as soon as we can because we know people love them!
    Sara Nisler, EAA 1089750

Sara,

I don't know how long you've been around EAA but there used to be a few (3 I think) on-line camera's at the museum that would allow us to peek in year round. They were removed, we were told, because of inadequate band width but they would be back soon. That was 3 - 4 years ago. Any consideration to bringing them back?

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi All,

The webcams are managed and maintained by volunteers. Sara is a great help managing the host webpage and helping out our volunteer group.

This year has started out to be quite the challenge, early January we were informed our office location that we have all the computers and servers to handle the webcams was being torn down due to a renovation project at the theater in the woods. As of right now that project is still in works and we have not been able to start installing our equipment. This is putting us considerably behind schedule.

This Saturday Paul and I will be going up to get the 3 cameras mounted on the wayfinding towers before they get raised. In past years the towers usually get raised around the first week of July. Hopefully we will be able to get the wayfinding cameras online shortly after the towers are raised.

Todd Ritzman
    EAA Live Webcams Chairman

The webcams are great. Thanks for your hard work and hope all the renovations finish up quickly.

Looking forward to seeing them again. It is fun watching setup until I arrive.

Hi Todd,

Can you give us an update on the webcams? Are the Theater in the Woods improvements complete so you have a place for your equipment or have you found alternative space? Hope you're able to pull all the variables together as peeking into the show is something I look forward to.

Thanks for all your hard work. Being a volunteer is a thankless job. I hope knowing how many people enjoy the fruits of your efforts makes it a little bit more tolerable.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Hi Todd,

Can you give us an update on the webcams? Are the Theater in the Woods improvements complete so you have a place for your equipment or have you found alternative space? Hope you're able to pull all the variables together as peeking into the show is something I look forward to.

Thanks for all your hard work. Being a volunteer is a thankless job. I hope knowing how many people enjoy the fruits of your efforts makes it a little bit more tolerable.

Dave
    The towers are to be raised this week and hope to have access to them shortly after.

Far as the office, it is still not done! We also have not been given a date yet that we can start moving equipment back up to Oshkosh. As you can imagine, this has put us about a month behind schedule. Because of the delays and to try to still be able to provide all the feeds, I have put a plan into place to have some of the equipment off site and we will just have to remote into. Problem with it being offsite, should something happen that we have to have physical assess to, it is 2 hours away.

The live air traffic control feeds that we send during the show has to be located onsite, so that is going to be delayed until we have access up there. Also the Airshow Feed and the Theater in the Woods feed also has to be installed onsite. Most of our volunteers do not arrive until the Saturday evening or Sunday, so we will be extremely busy this year getting the final stuff in place.

So let's hope that everything goes smoothly and we have good weather.

Todd