Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Web Cams

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    I read on the YouTube central cam feed that the power supply fried on that camera.
    I believe that happened last year also.
    Maybe that way tower is a lighting magnet.
    Ground rods might help but if it strikes anywhere near that tower nothing going safeguard the electronics.
    If it ends up the power supply is not the problem and there is not another camera available you could move the south cam to the central cam location.
    There is more action going on at the center and north cameras.
    Might get a little beef from the ultralight crowd though.

I think its getting close to start a 2017 webcam sticky thread.

There is more flight action at the ultralight strip (all day) and a special R/C demonstration and Valdez STOL at 8pm.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    There is more flight action at the ultralight strip (all day) and a special R/C demonstration and Valdez STOL at 8pm.
    I forgot about the flight action on the ultralight strip.
    I also like to watch the Saturday morning balloon launch on the ultralight strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    I read on the YouTube central cam feed that the power supply fried on that camera.
    I believe that happened last year also.
    Maybe that way tower is a lighting magnet.
    Ground rods might help but if it strikes anywhere near that tower nothing going safeguard the electronics.
    If it ends up the power supply is not the problem and there is not another camera available you could move the south cam to the central cam location.
    There is more action going on at the center and north cameras.
    Might get a little beef from the ultralight crowd though.

I think its getting close to start a 2017 webcam sticky thread.
    You are correct that this happened at this camera last year. I made a trip there again yesterday after work and tried a new power supply, unfortunately that did not work. So it is not looking good. I have talked with EAA and provided some options. I am also trying to source a replacement camera, even if on a loan basis.

Todd

I'll wager I'm not alone in being willing to somehow donate $20 to the cause?

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Count me in if needed.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    You are correct that this happened at this camera last year. I made a trip there again yesterday after work and tried a new power supply, unfortunately that did not work. So it is not looking good. I have talked with EAA and provided some options. I am also trying to source a replacement camera, even if on a loan basis.

Todd
    Todd.
    While I am sure that you and EAA are more than able to resolve any Webcam issues, you also have a large resource of EAA members, many of who I am sure are more than willing to pitch in with both knowledge and equipment/funds.
    Currently, as a reader of this Forum, I have no idea what sort of equipment you use for the webcams.
    ie $5000 camera and Mounts or $150 webcams ?

Are you able to share with us what the Webcam Equipment is.

ie Camera Make and Model
    Mount Make & Model
    Power Supply.
    and, (particularly w.r.t. Lightening and surges, what and how the camera is connected to. ie hard wired from camera to equipment, or WiFi direct from camera.
    Geoff

Here is a POST by Todd Ritzman it shows photos of one of the cameras that got damage back in 08-04-2012.
    That was awhile back and I think the cameras have been upgrade since then.
    If not, they may be able to cobble parts from one to make one that functions.
    It would be nice to have a couple back-ups.

Like my Dad use to say "No matter what happens on your wedding day, at the end of the day You're Married"

The Show must go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Here is a POST by Todd Ritzman it shows photos of one of the cameras that got damage back in 08-04-2012.
    That was awhile back and I think the cameras have been upgrade since then.
    If not, they may be able to cobble parts from one to make one that functions.
    It would be nice to have a couple back-ups.

Like my Dad use to say "No matter what happens on your wedding day, at the end of the day You're Married"

The Show must go on.
    I was trying to remember when that was. A little longer than I thought. How time flys.... ha ha

I have some good news for you guys. I was authorized to purchase a replacement camera and mount, so that is on order and should all arrive by Thursday evening, so the plan is to do a temporary install on the tower down lower on the tower where the lift can get to Friday. This will allow the video stream to go out again. There will be some areas that the view will be limited/restricted because we will no longer be able to rotate the camera to view over the top of the tower and also because of trees that are between the camera and the vintage aircraft camping areas, but at least we will be able to provide the views of the grounds again.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    That's very, very kind of you all! Our EAA Live volunteer team is working hard to get this camera back up and operational. A replacement camera is on its way as Todd said. If you would like to donate to these costs, you can send it to:
    EAA
    PO Box 3816
    Oshkosh WI 54903
    In the memo of the check it should say AV Grounds/Webcam – then we will ensure it is directed appropriately.

Thanks so much! And thanks to Todd, Paul and the webcam team for all their hard work.

Sara Nisler
    EAA Publications Team - Digital Managing Editor
    EAA Live Staff Liaison
    Sara Nisler, EAA 1089750