Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone ever converted a Quicksilver MX From Landing wires to struts?

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    We have a local man who designed his own aircraft around the quicksilver MXL wing. He wanted this to be strut braced. To do so he had to change a lot in the way of construction. He sold around 10 before stopping production. He still to this day flies one of these airplane he designed and built.

Attachment 6370
    TI wonder if he had to get thicker walled main and secondary wing spars? That's what I had in mind for the attachment points with the vertical brace N struts. Those two small V-shaped braces toward the back of the wing are something I never saw before. Could you please send more pictures.

I would like to make the wing either fold or detach at the end of the strut. That would give me enough room to fit in my Shed/mini hanger.

Thanks for the picture,

Ron

My real name, DWolf is just my user name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Put it sideways in the shed.
    It would stick out about 4 feet on one wing. The shed is 24' x 20' my Quicksilver has 28' Span.

Didn't Quicksilver make a shorter Wing for the MX Sport Single seater?
    Last edited by RonK; 06-02-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DWolf View Post
    TI wonder if he had to get thicker walled main and secondary wing spars? That's what I had in mind for the attachment points with the vertical brace N struts. Those two small V-shaped braces toward the back of the wing are something I never saw before. Could you please send more pictures.

I would like to make the wing either fold or detach at the end of the strut. That would give me enough room to fit in my Shed/mini hanger.

Thanks for the picture,

Ron

My real name, DWolf is just my user name.
    From what he told me he doubled the tubes on the spars. Its a tube in a tube or how he explained it to me. This man is not a real approachable person, not a very good attitude, Because of this, this will be the most info you will ever get on this unless you know him personally. Even then he does not share much.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    From what he told me he doubled the tubes on the spars. Its a tube in a tube or how he explained it to me. This man is not a real approachable person, not a very good attitude, Because of this, this will be the most info you will ever get on this unless you know him personally. Even then he does not share much.

Tony
    Thanks, that's very helpful.

I took an old Hollywood bed frame and converted it with a few boards so I can put my Quicksilver through a 23' door. You can push it any direction needed.