Thread: How do I renew Solidworks?

How do I renew Solidworks?

My annual subscription has run out. I tried following the activation in the software, but it is clearly for students. Wanted to know what year I was graduating:-) I did look through this forum, but did not see anything. Anyone know the process of renewing?

Thanks

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by mchargmg View Post
    My annual subscription has run out. I tried following the activation in the software, but it is clearly for students. Wanted to know what year I was graduating:-) I did look through this forum, but did not see anything. Anyone know the process of renewing?
    I have a call scheduled with DS SolidWorks for next week and one question was on renewing licenses. If you want me to generate and send you a new activation key for now to see if that works, please email me and reference this post.

Any update on renewal issue

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    I have a call scheduled with DS SolidWorks for next week and one question was on renewing licenses. If you want me to generate and send you a new activation key for now to see if that works, please email me and reference this post.
    My license is expiring in 13 days. I tried filling out the form accessed through the FAQ but did not get a reply back. I'm using gmail handled through Outlook, but I went directly to Gmail and looked in every folder to see if the reply had been directed to a spam folder but found nothing. Is that process only valid for the first license key? If so, how do I renew?

A few notes on this thread:
    1) The renewal process involves a) uninstall current SW, and b) follow same process to install SW as last year. SW will save your old activation key in the install form. Change that to the new one SW emails to you will get the same expiration notices.
    2) 2017 is a 12 GB file. Make sure you have enough room before you spend the time to download.
    3) If you don't get the email from EAA or SW, please email me. I will look you up and send you the correct email. Please note in your email that you did not receive a) the EAA download instruction email, or b) the SW activation key email. That will save me one email back to you to ask.

Thanks!

Thanks, having same issues.
    Last edited by dlhasse; 09-19-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Question Newby Question regarding Renewal Costs

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    A few notes on this thread:
    1) The renewal process involves a) uninstall current SW, and b) follow same process to install SW as last year. SW will save your old activation key in the install form. Change that to the new one SW emails to you will get the same expiration notices.
    2) 2017 is a 12 GB file. Make sure you have enough room before you spend the time to download.
    3) If you don't get the email from EAA or SW, please email me. I will look you up and send you the correct email. Please note in your email that you did not receive a) the EAA download instruction email, or b) the SW activation key email. That will save me one email back to you to ask.

Thanks!
    My apologies if this has been answered already. The license is good for 12 months. After 12 months has Solidworks been charging for a license (strictly for personal use) and if so, how much has it been (again I recognize that you don't know future costs, but what has this looked like historically)? My current computer does not have the capacity for SW, and I'm wondering if I should by a workstation with the horsepower for this. If the license is only for 12 months and future costs are higher than the value I'll get out of it, I'll probably go with a less powerful machine and pass on Solidworks.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have to say irrespective of the answer this is a pretty generous offer by Dassault and a nice piece of negotiation on the EAA's part.