Thread: Kitfox 7 super sport, looking for comments pros and cons.

Kitfox 7 super sport, looking for comments pros and cons.

I'm thinking of building a Kitfox 7. Would like to hear any comments about the Kitfox 5, 6 and especially the 7. Also if there's any owners with +/- 100 miles of Modesto CA that would be willing to let me look at their planes, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Brian

It looks like there's a map showing the location of owners on the Kitfox Forum.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/index.php

I logged about 15 hours in an S7 at Stick and Rudder Aviation in June 2015. Near Boise. I'm sure you've come across them: http://stick-rudder.com/index.php

It had the Rotax 914 turbo. I also took a factory tour while I was there.

After three days of drill in the Boise area we swapped (bigger) tires, spent a day in the canyons to west, and a day in the Sawtooths to the north. I landed dozens of airports/strips - paved, dirt, grass, dried lake beds, and tight mountain stips.

My wanna be bush pilot buddies still argue with me, but that Kitfox was one of the funnest airplanes I've flown. It was super rugged. I studied the Rotax literature/videos before I went. I was sold on its dependability. In retrospect that is key to that type of flying.

I'm still renting/experimenting, but the Kitfox is high on my wish list.

P.S. I highly recommend Stick and Rudder.

Have you joined the Team Kitfox forum? The forum is loaded with tons of great information about Kitfox aircraft.

I have a model 5 Outback (tailwheel) that I built. I have flown over 100 hours in 16 months and really love the plane.

It's good that you are asking about the pros and cons of the Kitfox, but have you determined what type of flying you want to do. Define the mission and flying you want to do and then you can start looking for the planes that fit that role. When I did this I could not find a better aircraft than the Kitfox.