Thread: Tents at Oshkosh

Tents at Oshkosh

Over the years, after storms, many tents are broken and end up getting thrown in dumpsters.
    Bonanzas 2 Oshkosh started collecting undamaged poles. They came in handy for people who found out they had damaged poles while setting up their tent or after a storm. It kept many campers from having to leave early or from having to buy new tents. We have decided to expand this service.
    Talked to Cy Galley - Chair, AirVenture Emergency Aircraft Repair- he said he would be willing to put up a storage container for tent poles/parts. So--in the future--if you have a damaged tent or do not want to take a tent home with you. Please take it to the emergency aircraft repair building---or at the least--place the poles by the dumpster and not in it. We will make the rounds of the dumpsters in the camping areas every so often , and collect poles. If you find you need poles for your tent, go to the emergency aircraft repair building and see what they have, If you get something, make a small donation. 100% of the funds will go to operation thirst, young eagles, or Angel flights.
    Its a small thing--but all the small things at Oshkosh are what make it so special !!!!!
    Kevin O'Halloran
    Head of ground operations B2OSH

Great idea :-)

You're a true conservationist. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fajack View Post
    You're a true conservationist. Thanks.
    Bill
    I do what I can so I can keep feeding that IO550 in my Bonanza <vbg>
    Kevin

Spare instant canopy frames and poles would come in handy also. I always see a few of those in the dumpster after a storm.

Great Idea! Now the word needs to spread. Perhaps a few drop boxes spread stratigically (sp?) arround the grounds with signs explaining would help. Trick is to do this without getting to much wrapped up in it. I will find out if the chairman of Camp Scholler knows so he can put Camper assistance in the loop.

I will let my volunteers at Camper Registration know if you plan to continue it in 2012.

Keith

Kevin, where is the emergency aircraft repair building ?

It is about halfway between the Vintage area and the Ultralight barn; just south of the Hangar Cafe. (http://www.airventure.org/flying/aircraft_repair.html )