Thread: Lifetime Dinner 2017

Lifetime Dinner 2017

Does anyone know where the information is for this years speaker? I thought I had to reserve a spot by May normally to get into the dinner, but would like to know who is speaking.

Looking forward to seeing you all in less than 75 days.

They'll be sending out RSVP cards pretty shortly. I got mine really late last year.

Got mine in an email...

Lifetime Dinner:
    The annual Lifetime Dinner will be held Tuesday, July 25, 2017, in the Eagle Hangar and Founders' Wing at the EAA AirVenture Museum. Our keynote speaker for the evening is Col. Dick Kalata. As a military veteran, and presidential helicopter pilot for Marine One, his unique perspectives on aviation and his personal stories about flying the commander in chief, shouldn't be missed.

Col. Dick Kalata flew helicopters in the Marine Corp during Vietnam. After flying combat missions, he served three White House administrations—Nixon, Carter, and Ford—as a pilot of the presidential helicopter, Marine Squadron One HMX-1. His presentation will touch on what it means to be assigned to this very proud and exclusive unit. As always, this evening is exclusive and open only to EAA Lifetime Members and their guests!

Unfortunately, I can't go.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

You can go online and purchase tickets. You cannot purchase both the Lifetime Dinner AND Pavilion tickets. It appears to be one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyBird View Post
    Does anyone know where the information is for this years speaker? I thought I had to reserve a spot by May normally to get into the dinner, but would like to know who is speaking.

Looking forward to seeing you all in less than 75 days.
    Sorry for the delay in response, I'm just checking in to make sure you have the info you need? If not, feel free to email me at ecernjar@eaa.org.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

I got my card(s) one day last week.

Got my card last week. Now the debate is on of what to do. I have a member of the Marine One force living down the street. Never thought that would happen. So good stories for a night, chapter presidents reception or a day in the lap of luxury? These are good problems that EAA is making. Keep up the great work!