Thread: Can I rent a camper bed from someone?

Can I rent a camper bed from someone?

I've been going to Oshkosh since 2007 and I've camped in a tent every single time. I'm starting to get to the point where I'd really like to be in a camper. I was wondering if anyone has an extra camper bed that they would be willing to rent out. Not an entire camper, but someone who already has a camper/RV they'll have at Scholler and has extra space for another person. I'd be willing to negotiate a price! I'd need a spot for the entire week leading up to the show and the week of the show.

I also tent, and I'm also well past the stage where sleeping on the ground stopped being very attractive. Yeah, I could, but I don't. Several years ago, I "invested" in a pair of cots, and when I airplane camp, I take one or both with me. I put my Thermarest on top of the cot, and it's world's more comfortable than having to get up off the ground in the morning.

So that's my suggestion, get a good cot, and continue to tent. I chose Roll-a-cots, because they're sturdy, adjustable, and relatively light weight (about 10 lbs.). I've had mine for about 10-11 years now, and for the bucks (about $130), they're hard to beat. There are cheaper ones, but you get what you pay for.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee