Thread: Airline Does It Again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airline Does It Again

This is about the 3rd or 4th story re a case of an airline wanting to take a passengers seat even after the passenger had bought, paid for his ticket, been confirmed, assinged a seat and even boarded and was sitting in the seat. Of course the big story was United ( Republic) who called airport security who injured a 69 year old doctor in dragging him off the plane.United was getting terrible negative publicity, would have been worse in court, the passenger even had former DOT chairman come out on his side, legally. So finally United proabaly listned to their legal department or pr people and the settled out of court in near record time. My gues would be for at least $5million.
    Now comes Delta, no one hit, but threats made and false ones at that. Delta had previoulsy paid $10,000 to a family to voluntairly give up seats. Not this time.
    Parents had bought. paid for conrirmed, boarded and were seated with there 2 infants in safety seats next to them for a long Hawaii to Cailfornia flight, when Delta decided they wanted that seat. No $10,000 but a lot of theats. The gate person actually told the passengers that they were "going to jail and their kids taken away and sent to foster care". I am not making this up or exaggerating, its right there on the video. Just as bad, the person tells the Dad that law requires the infant under 2 to be sit on his lap and cant be in a safety seat. This is an direct lie, FAA advises that all infants should be in a safety seat and had issued a statement as such. I once had the same thing happen years ago, that time I won the dispute. After forcing this family off the plane, resulting in them spending ovegight and paying thousands of $ more, now Delta has apologized.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 05-05-2017 at 11:46 AM.