Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unfinished Kitfox IV-1200

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    I would try and go back to who you bought the airplane from (the estate) and get a letter stating that "xxx", deceased, was building the airplane for education and recreation, and the build logs were lost at or around the time of death. That would greatly simplify things.
    Maybe.....without documentation, how would a DAR or FAA inspector know who built what? IOW's how would one prove major portion was done for education/recreation?

For example, a builder could buy plans and glue 2 sticks together, say he is building a plane for education/recreation and die the next day. Later, a third party shows up with complete plane ready for inspection with a letter from original builder's estate than says: "Uncle Joe was building this plane for education/recreation and the build logs were lost." Have no idea what happened in the interim.

The receipts and whatnot might make a better case.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Maybe.....without documentation, how would a DAR or FAA inspector know who built what? IOW's how would one prove major portion was done for education/recreation?

For example, a builder could buy plans and glue 2 sticks together, say he is building a plane for education/recreation and die the next day. Later, a third party shows up with complete plane ready for inspection with a letter from original builder's estate than says: "Uncle Joe was building this plane for education/recreation and the build logs were lost." Have no idea what happened in the interim.

The receipts and whatnot might make a better case.
    It all depends. Most of the DAR's I know are reasonable. Letters, receipts, pictures, etc. will satisfy most of them. If that is a concern, you interview DAR's, explain the situation, and try to find one you can work with under your circumstances. The standard isn't that high - look at all of the pro-built aircraft out there.

Does anyone know if this aircraft is still available? I am looking for a project. I sent a PM to the owner but haven't heard back. Brock

Kitfox IV has been SOLD!!! My apologies, I thought I had updated all the forums where I posted it. I just got the notification this morning in my email about your PM. It was only a couple of days ago. I don't check these forums daily.

I do have a Murphy Rebel Kit along with a kit for the Murphy 1800 amphibious floats. Also have a damaged Rebel that could be rebuild by a dedicated builder.
    Last edited by WWhunter; 12-14-2017 at 06:38 AM.