Thread: Unfinished Kitfox IV-1200

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Maybe.....without documentation, how would a DAR or FAA inspector know who built what? IOW's how would one prove major portion was done for education/recreation?

For example, a builder could buy plans and glue 2 sticks together, say he is building a plane for education/recreation and die the next day. Later, a third party shows up with complete plane ready for inspection with a letter from original builder's estate than says: "Uncle Joe was building this plane for education/recreation and the build logs were lost." Have no idea what happened in the interim.

The receipts and whatnot might make a better case.
    It all depends. Most of the DAR's I know are reasonable. Letters, receipts, pictures, etc. will satisfy most of them. If that is a concern, you interview DAR's, explain the situation, and try to find one you can work with under your circumstances. The standard isn't that high - look at all of the pro-built aircraft out there.

Does anyone know if this aircraft is still available? I am looking for a project. I sent a PM to the owner but haven't heard back. Brock

Kitfox IV has been SOLD!!! My apologies, I thought I had updated all the forums where I posted it. I just got the notification this morning in my email about your PM. It was only a couple of days ago. I don't check these forums daily.

I do have a Murphy Rebel Kit along with a kit for the Murphy 1800 amphibious floats. Also have a damaged Rebel that could be rebuild by a dedicated builder.
    Last edited by WWhunter; 12-14-2017 at 06:38 AM.