Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Force Museum Dayto, Ohio

I would recommend Commander Aero at Dayton-Wright Brothers Airport (KMGY). John Bosch runs a great FBO there and will definitely get great service.
    Jesse Schoolcraft

Thank you to all answers!

Thank you for your replies. We will incorporate the suggestions!
    I have been out of pocket this week on company business therefore so to reply.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    - Art

If you have the time, I'd recommend about 3-4 hours at Carillon Park. They have the original 1905 Flyer III, along with a lot of other very interesting exhibits in a really nice setting.
    I went to Dayton a few years ago around this time of year. Spend 2 1/2 days at the AF museum, and it was great with the small November crowds. The docents could take their time to talk with you, and the daily guided tour turned into a semi-personal tour with only one other couple with us. For example, I was able to spend about 1/2 hour with a gentleman who was involved with AAC traffic control back in England during WWII. Places you can do that are pretty scarce.

A southern Indiana EAA and PRA chapter is planning a bus trip to the AFB Museum THIS SATURDAY.

If you want information to hook up with them or get on the bus at one of the stops along the way let me know.

They are asking $30 donation to help pay for the bus.

"The exhilaration of flying is too keen, the pleasure too great, for it to be neglected as a sport"— Orville Wright
    Tim OConnor, CFI, Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft, Sport Pilot Fixed Wing, FAA Advanced Ground Instructor:..
    You CAN Afford to FLY ! --> http://www.YouCanAffordToBeAPilot.com