Thread: CH801 with LOM 337 Kit - Value?

CH801 with LOM 337 Kit - Value?

Hi there, I have a friend who has asked that I help sell his sister's kit. It is a CH801 and has a LOM 337 engine. I know a bit about planes. What are some important things to know about this kit when I attempt to determine its value? Each kit probably has some really cool or specific options that increase value. A look at the Zenith Air sight makes me think they don't sell it any more. It is 80% done with 80% to go.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Scott

I would start here.

http://www.zenair801.info/price-info.html

You will need to know what options were purchased with the kit if any. Not sure of the engine value as it's somewhat rare in the US. The work completed has zero value and fact is most used kits sell for less than new price even with work completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel300r View Post
    Hi there, I have a friend who has asked that I help sell his sister's kit. It is a CH801 and has a LOM 337 engine. I know a bit about planes. What are some important things to know about this kit when I attempt to determine its value? Each kit probably has some really cool or specific options that increase value. A look at the Zenith Air sight makes me think they don't sell it any more. It is 80% done with 80% to go.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Scott

http://www.zenair801.info/price-info.html

Here is the 801 kit pricing page. Is it a standard kit? Quick build kit? Is it a complete kit? IOW's is an engine mount and cowl (and propeller) for the 337 engine included? Does it have all the stuff to go in the panel? You'll probably get more money by selling the engine separate; for that matter you'll probably get more by parting out the whole project. You can list it on eBay to see what sharks are willing to offer, multiply that x1.5 and you'll have a good idea of the value. Highly unlikely you'll get more than 1/2 of what the kit/engine/parts cost new.

Marty and Venture, thanks for the feedback. I will start there. Scott