Thread: Christavia MK1V

Happy Christavia MK1V

Hello.. Is there anyone out there that is scratch building a Christavia Mk1V ? Dave...

I'm building a MKI. That's a little different but same basic design

I built the Mk1 quite a few years back, used a lycoming 0235 , excellent flying & handling airplane.

Where are you on your MK1 project?

I'm at that 90% completed and 90 % left to do phase. Progress feels real slow right now. Not like early in the build where every day you could see real progress. Now I work all day on it and when I shut the shop lights off it looks the same as when I started. I know that's not true but boy it sure is going slow

Well sounds like your doing fine,just keep plugging away.I wish that I was that far along on the MK1V, but anyway I,m starting on it again after major house renovations, little bit hard to get back at it, maybe if i knew how to sent or post some pics of the MK1 I could send you some, I,m not too handy on the computer

The pictures would be great but I get it about the computer skills issue. I have the same problem. It took me three days to figure out how to fix a password problem on the EAA forum.

I just looked at a MKI project today that I'm hoping to work in to an article for Experimenter soon...cool airplane!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Thumbs Up

Well I think so but I'm a little biased. John Milliman from Decatur, IL. has a great example that he won an Airventure award in 2005 I think. If you do an article he might be a good contact for you. He's an EAA member but I don't know his member number. I look forward to reading your article.