Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The system won't remember my login

The system won't remember my login

Apparently sometime in the past, I have set my browser security to "Always Block" the appropriate cookie from you that will allow you to remember my login.
    I have searched my Blocked Cookies to find one that appears to be from you, but I can't find anything obvious.
    What is the name of the cookie that you are trying to send me & I'll unblock it.

Thank you.

Bill

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Bill -

The name of the cookie is just <username>@eaaforums.org, where <username> is your computer's username, not your forum username.

Cheers -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal,
    Thanks for the try, but no luck.
    My system was already set to "Always Accept" all cookies from eaaforums.org.
    Even if I do as little as close the EAA Forum page and go back to Oshkosh 365, I have to re-login to EAA Forums when I go back.
    I guess I'll just live with it.
    Bill

Bill -- When I open the forums from my bookmarks, it appears as if I'm not logged in, but when I click the "New Posts" tab, voila, there I am, all logged in and nice.

I'm not computer savvy enough to know what's up with that. Imagine it's an issue with the forum software and my browser of choice (Firefox).

Try clicking new posts when you first open up and see what that gives.
    Last edited by Bill Ladd; 11-15-2011 at 08:16 AM.

And Bill ... I hate to ask, but I have to: you are checking the "Remember Me" box when you first login, correct?

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

For some reason going to www.eaaforums.org seems to ignore the cookie. Clicking ONCE on the "forums" tag at the top of the page gets things to load properly (you can see the link directly beneath it switch from TODAY'S POSTS to NEW POSTS.

I've never seen a vbulletin site other than this one with that problem.

Good catch, Ron - if you would, try going straight to http://eaaforums.org (without the www prefix) - I'm betting you'll get in without the (apparent) "ignored cookie" behavior.

Definitely something for us to look into on our end.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Same problem I've been having. Tried it without the <www> and that seems to have fixed it.
    Thanks,
    Paul

Hal,
    Ever since a tech support guy asked me to check and see if my non functioning printer was plugged in, I accept all troubleshooting questions without becoming indignant over the obvious ones. Yes, I did check the "Remember me?" box, by the way.
    Thanks to all the other ideas as well. I now believe that the problem is in my setup. Even though I have switched the internet options to not delete browsing history on exit and save all files for 60 days, the cookie still dissappears on exiting the browser.
    I have another pressing matter for the next few days, so I'll get back to figuring out "my" problem after a bit.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Apteryx View Post
    Same problem I've been having. Tried it without the <www> and that seems to have fixed it.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    We're trying a settings change today that hopefully should resolve this problem, so if you get a second, please give it another try.

However, I know of one (hopefully isolated?!?) case where the change prevented someone from logging in until they deleted the EAAForums.org cookie, after which all was well.

We'll be watching things closely today.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor