Thread: Introductions

Introductions

Not sure where this would go, and I find it always best to at least offer an Intro before posting.

Hello,

My name is Joey (never did want to drop the "Y" even after 46 years), I live just outside of Cincinnati Ohio, and I am training at Sporty's Academy to become a sport pilot. Currently flying a C162 SkyCatcher. I have been an AOPA member on and off over several years, but just started flying in November and after a phone call with my local FSDO yesterday in discussing an idea about an LSA flying club (he suggested I join EAA) so I joined today and figured I better start some addition research.

I am looking to start an Equity Based LSA flying club in the Cincinnati area (I will post a longer version of this in the VMC club section) and just doing some research on this and since I also enjoy all things aviation I am here. I was in the Navy for 11 years as and Aviation Maintenance Administrationman (for those that don't know, I was the Logs and Records person as well as taking care of all the noted issue paperwork after flight and scheduled all maintenance requirements and took care of the Technical Library for the aircraft). My first 4 years I was attached to a A-6E Intruder Squadron out of NAS Oceana (VA-65), but also spent time with other aircraft as well.

I am looking forward to learning more about Experimental Aircraft and hopefully a flying LSA Club using EAB aircraft.
    Joey Shreve
    Liberty Twp OH (near KHAO)
    Sport Pilot
    Check Ride May 30 2017

Well, it's not too difficult. Finding participants will be the hard part (followed by getting them to write a check). Advertise, get a group of interested people together, hold a meeting, hash out some goals, choose a plane type, draft up rules or bylaws, locate + buy the plane and go for it!

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Joey - Thank you for your service and welcome to EAA! You've posted in the right place - the VMC Club forum is based around our upcoming complement to the IMC Club, which provides programming for chapter meetings, that sort of thing.

Anyway, if you haven't, check out our Flying Club resources page - you'll find some useful stuff there:

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-...es/flying-club

And again, welcome to EAA!

Hal Bryan

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Joey4420 View Post
    Not sure where this would go, and I find it always best to at least offer an Intro before posting.

Hello,

My name is Joey (never did want to drop the "Y" even after 46 years), I live just outside of Cincinnati Ohio, and I am training at Sporty's Academy to become a sport pilot. Currently flying a C162 SkyCatcher. I have been an AOPA member on and off over several years, but just started flying in November and after a phone call with my local FSDO yesterday in discussing an idea about an LSA flying club (he suggested I join EAA) so I joined today and figured I better start some addition research.

I am looking to start an Equity Based LSA flying club in the Cincinnati area (I will post a longer version of this in the VMC club section) and just doing some research on this and since I also enjoy all things aviation I am here. I was in the Navy for 11 years as and Aviation Maintenance Administrationman (for those that don't know, I was the Logs and Records person as well as taking care of all the noted issue paperwork after flight and scheduled all maintenance requirements and took care of the Technical Library for the aircraft). My first 4 years I was attached to a A-6E Intruder Squadron out of NAS Oceana (VA-65), but also spent time with other aircraft as well.

I am looking forward to learning more about Experimental Aircraft and hopefully a flying LSA Club using EAB aircraft.

I'd love to hear how your progress goes! We may be able to help you connect with other EAA Members near you to find interested participants. Feel free to drop me an email and we can talk from there. ecernjar@eaa.org

Thanks for being a member!
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

Thanks for the information and the link. Eric I will shoot you an email later about my thoughts and Ideas behind the club. Just trying to find an affordable way to enjoy the sport pilot cert that I am getting without breaking my personal bank, and if I can help others do the same even better.
    Joey Shreve
    Liberty Twp OH (near KHAO)
    Sport Pilot
    Check Ride May 30 2017