Not sure where this would go, and I find it always best to at least offer an Intro before posting.

Hello,

My name is Joey (never did want to drop the "Y" even after 46 years), I live just outside of Cincinnati Ohio, and I am training at Sporty's Academy to become a sport pilot. Currently flying a C162 SkyCatcher. I have been an AOPA member on and off over several years, but just started flying in November and after a phone call with my local FSDO yesterday in discussing an idea about an LSA flying club (he suggested I join EAA) so I joined today and figured I better start some addition research.

I am looking to start an Equity Based LSA flying club in the Cincinnati area (I will post a longer version of this in the VMC club section) and just doing some research on this and since I also enjoy all things aviation I am here. I was in the Navy for 11 years as and Aviation Maintenance Administrationman (for those that don't know, I was the Logs and Records person as well as taking care of all the noted issue paperwork after flight and scheduled all maintenance requirements and took care of the Technical Library for the aircraft). My first 4 years I was attached to a A-6E Intruder Squadron out of NAS Oceana (VA-65), but also spent time with other aircraft as well.

I am looking forward to learning more about Experimental Aircraft and hopefully a flying LSA Club using EAB aircraft.