Thread: Car parking for a flight out of LAX

Car parking for a flight out of LAX

We're taking a long overseas trip, flying out of LAX, and driving our car to LA to meet the flight. Airport parking for 8 weeks would be hideously expensive. Any completely different ideas for stashing the car? Maybe an outlying GA airport? I've already checked three nearby GA airports without success. A long bus or shuttle ride is not a problem, we've got plenty of time to work the logistics. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Mike E

Perhaps some EAA member lives nearby and has room in his driveway for your car? And I dont know if this is of interest or not, but there is a program at some airports where you sign up and actually rent out your car while you are gone. I know someone who did it and liked it and if you are gone 2 months that would be a lot of income. I dont have any contact info on that.
    Santa Monica might be the closest g a type airport to drive from. Id try the flight schools and fbos there.

Possibly they will waive the 30 day maximum stay requirement. 4 bucks a day seems reasonable IMO but it will add up.

http://www.lawa.org/FlyAway/content.aspx?id=9970

I think some motels rent a car space.