Thread: Changing Info on AIRNAV

Changing Info on AIRNAV

I need to update our AIRNAV site so I sent them a message. Got the reply back that I needed to contact the FAA as they got their info from the FAA and they gave me the name and email address for whoever is responsible for private airports. Second time I've tried this and "no luck" with a response. Anyone else have experience or success getting responses?
    Thanks.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

Been there, done that. If the information comes from your airport master record at the FAA, you need to contact the person at the appropriate Airport District Office at the FAA and make the request there. The problem is, at least with Atlanta, I always seem to have missed the publication cycle (why electronic databases have a 56 day cycle rather than just the products derived from them I do not know). It took me a couple of go arounds with Ms. Rice at the Atlanta office to get ours changed.

Tell me your airport identifier and I'll help you find the right person.

Airport (Private but basically open to the public) is 3WN9. The name they gave me was Andrew Goldsmith who handles private fields andrew.e.goldsmith@faa.gov

I don't know maybe he will eventually respond but I tried a year or two ago with no response too.

Thanks

Your area is handled by the Chicago ADO. Start emailing/calling people here: https://www.faa.gov/airports/great_l...ports/chi_ado/
    until you find someone who can help. Goldsmith is in DC and is in charge of the master records for newly established airports, but he's not the one to talk about changes to existing airports.

Thanks! Odd they gave me that name.

Quote Originally Posted by L16 Pilot View Post
    Thanks! Odd they gave me that name.
    Well, he is the ultimate person responsible, but the people in the trenches are in the ADO offices.

I had a similar experience some years ago, when I discovered that AirNav had the wrong frequency for the AWOS that is located at Kelly Airpark, between Denver and Colorado Springs. AirNav told me that the FAA's info was what AirNav had. Being the good citizen that I am, I contacted the FAA. Surprisingly, I did get an answer from the FAA--can't change it until the next Denver Sectional is due to be published, and that was almost a year away. I responded that that was ridiculous--what about the IFR charts, and electronic charts? Why not just send out the correct frequency to all users? I didn't get an answer to that one, but the next time I looked it up on AirNav, it had been corrected.

Bureacracy!

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

As I stated, the airport master record (from which the AFD, er um, Chart Supplemnet) as well as the sectionals, IFR enroutes, and things like airnav.com and foreflight derive, are updated on a 56 day cycle, and for some stupid reason it always seems to take two cycles to change anything.