Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Instrumentation for the Pietenpol

Quote Originally Posted by cluttonfred View Post
    I like the way you think! How about a minibar that folds out from the baggage compartment? Accessible only on the ground, naturally....
    There's always Bruno Stachel's solution.....

Ron "Read the Book" Wanttaja

And of course, one cannot forget...

Name:  GreyPoupon.Take-2-copy-1-1100x825.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  66.0 KB
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

I'm not suggesting you leave off instruments (I have 'em), but after much monkeying around I determined that my ASI is just wrong, reading 10 MPH faster than actual. I've decided to just accept it and move on with my life.

I actually use my compass from time to time, as I have an area of restricted airspace in my footprint (Anniston Army Depot), and it's not obvious from the air exactly where it's at. So I work from a known point and deviate around it on heading.

And the extra cost of a vertical card compass is definitely worth it, and I would recommend one without reservation.

Also, a confession - I have a little android tablet running iFly on it to ensure I stay straight in where I am....paper sectionals in an open cockpit are fine (yeah, I carry one, too) until one finds they have to adjust it. Flying slow has its own navigational challenges, known as "Am I there yet?" syndrome. It's easy to overstate one's position along a track.

One of my EAA brothers built a Bearhawk with a really high speed glass panel in it, and has found that it's actually too much information for what he needs and is digging into the books to see how to unclutter it and show just the basics.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.