Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic med

Back on topic, I believe it will still be easier to obtain a 3rd class medical than the new rule. With some exceptions of course and depending on ones relationship with their doctor. Time will tell and beginning in May, I suspect we'll be reading on a lot of horror stories and experiences.

The easiest avenue would be to become golf buddies with a physician.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    Back on topic, I believe it will still be easier to obtain a 3rd class medical than the new rule.
    It reminds me of just after Sport Pilot went active. Went to the local FBO for a biannual, and they had trouble wrapping their heads around giving me one when I didn't have a valid FAA medical. Now, they don't even blink.

Think we'll see the same thing with Basic Med. Lot of teething problems at first. Will smooth out in the long run.

Ron Wanttaja

I am sure hat the people who are smarter than I have already thought of this, but is the a repository for issues, concerns and helps for all of this? Seems it would be helpful to have a central place that receives and disseminates info...... Not the 'this is how it is going to work', but rather 'this is what I encountered and here is what I had to do'.
    Rick

The reason it is on the medical is that pilots are such nice and agreeable people at all times that a doctor must check to see if one even has an anus.

Hmmm, I wonder if that could bring about a restriction, much like "must wear corrective lenses," except it would say "must have a butt donut to sit on."

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    It reminds me of just after Sport Pilot went active. Went to the local FBO for a biannual, and they had trouble wrapping their heads around giving me one when I didn't have a valid FAA medical. Now, they don't even blink.

Think we'll see the same thing with Basic Med. Lot of teething problems at first. Will smooth out in the long run.

Ron Wanttaja
    This reminds me when I walked into the FSDO office in 2010. First mistake I made. I had no idea one was to call first. I just drove on over and walked up, to a locked door. As I stood there looking at a locked door wondering what was up with this, some dude walked up. He explained to me that after 911 offices like this are locked. He asked what it was I wanted. I told him I wanted a Sport Pilot student certificate. He asked me in and handed me off to some other dude. This dude again asks what it was I was wanting. I told him. He goes through a couple stacks of papers, looks up at me and says...I have no idea what you want could you please leave. I thanked him and walked out but not before explaining..imagine going to the DMV and finding a locked door. He just stared at me as I walked out.
    My very fist experience with our local FSDO. Now everyone at the FSDO knows what and where to get a Sport Pilot Student certificate. So I do understand what you mean when you say..things will smooth out as they go along.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    imagine going to the DMV and finding a locked door.
    Man...wouldn't that be nice? It would save me a over a grand a year.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

To quote the "Captain" from Cool Hand Luke: "What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    This reminds me when I walked into the FSDO office in 2010. First mistake I made. I had no idea one was to call first. I just drove on over and walked up, to a locked door. As I stood there looking at a locked door wondering what was up with this, some dude walked up. He explained to me that after 911 offices like this are locked. He asked what it was I wanted. I told him I wanted a Sport Pilot student certificate. He asked me in and handed me off to some other dude. This dude again asks what it was I was wanting. I told him. He goes through a couple stacks of papers, looks up at me and says...I have no idea what you want could you please leave. I thanked him and walked out but not before explaining..imagine going to the DMV and finding a locked door. He just stared at me as I walked out.

Tony
    You should visit DMV in New Mexico. Would make your FSDO look really sharp by comparison. Sometimes the doors are locked. Every time you'd swear they had never issued a license before.
    Anal inspections are to check for cranial-rectumitis. Severe cases may require a view port installation in the belly button.

-Cub Builder

Quote Originally Posted by cub builder View Post
    You should visit DMV in New Mexico. Would make your FSDO look really sharp by comparison.

-Cub Builder
    Boy O' Boy is this the truth! When I was transferred there I had to have a NM DL and auto registration to get on the Federal reservation and they gave us up to 8 hours duty time to get a DL !
    But then we were told to join AAA and get our autos registered there because getting it via the state DMV was hopeless... so I joined AAA and stayed with them the whole time I was in NM... sure wish they could help with the DL process .......
    Last edited by 233507; 04-01-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Banned
    So it's absolutely true then, an alien spaceship did crash in New Mexico in 1948. And the aliens then began a ruthless reign of terror and unimagined horror by infecting a brain eating virus into all future New Mexico DMV employees both born and unborn.