Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic med

Has anyone suggested starting a data base of willing physicians to do the BasicMed exam. So far, in the Joplin, Missouri area, I have not heard of anyone. Perhaps AOPA or EAA can provide us some heads up on those willing to work with us.

hot dog! only one week until it starts. or did I miss an announced delay? EAA and Aopa sure are being quiet.

"As far as liability concerns go, you should start by talking to your doctor. You can send them the draft form from the above-linked AC (again, Appendix A is the only thing you and they will need to fill out). If they have an issue with signing the form, let us know and we will do everything we can to help you work the problem.[/QUOTE]

My AME is the closest thing I have to a Primary Car Physician. He has stated he will not sign a BasicMed letter due to possible liability. My Cardiologist has said the same thing. So, what can you do about it?

I currently have a Class 3 medical which expires Sep 30, 2017, and is based on an AME physical completed on Sep 3, 2016. When do I have to have the first BasicMed physical and complete the first online course? Prior to Sep 3, 2017? OR Sep 3, 2020 for the physical and Sep3, 2018 for the online course?

yeah!! its released today in final form. checklist is available for printing and take to your dr. on or after May 1. online course will be available also. available on AOPA website

I am not using basic med. out of curiosity I asked my GP and the answer was no way, and the practices (affiliated with a major hospital) was the same. They were fully aware of it as there are 3 AMEs in the office. Insurance and liability were the primary reason. I think you are going to have to resolve those issues before this works.

Well here we go again, another Catch 22 from the Government. Is anybody really surprised ? Years in the making for something that may be completely useless ! Let's hope not.
    Bob

This morning a local pilot received his BasicMed exam at our local doc-in-a-box. Fee was $60 and the exam and paperwork was completed with no drama. This particular clinic does most of our local DOT exams and they found no difficulty in completing the BasicMed paperwork because it is so similar to the DOT form.
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log

Sam, that's great to hear.

I'm tasked with giving a presentation on the new medical stuff, and had supposed that if a place does DOT exams, they'll most likely do this one.

I called our local "Doc in a box" place and they said they give out physicals of all sorts for work.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by CharleyB View Post
    I currently have a Class 3 medical which expires Sep 30, 2017, and is based on an AME physical completed on Sep 3, 2016. When do I have to have the first BasicMed physical and complete the first online course? Prior to Sep 3, 2017? OR Sep 3, 2020 for the physical and Sep3, 2018 for the online course?
    If you don't want to be grounded, you have to complete the entire BasicMed process by the end of Sep 17. IOW your AME physical that you got for your Class III cannot be applied towards a BasicMed physical--you have to get a new one by a state liscensed physician. See AOPAs's BasicMed FAQ page for more info: https://www.aopa.org/advocacy/pilots...medical-reform
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 04-26-2017 at 04:17 AM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!