Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's good for the soul...

It gives one a certain level of "muscle memory" in the tasks and puts things into a three dimensional perspective; it's really weird but it actually translates to larger scales and time frames.

The downside is that it is really easy to make it too sequential and rote, and thereby inflexible. Miss one step and you can get really lost if you get too comfortable with the how and lose the why.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Hey Frank.

Looks like you're having way too much fun. Nice photos.

I need to get my butt back in a Champ.

Dale
    Dale Cavin
    Florida Panhandle
    Current Project: Airdrome Aeroplanes Full Size Nieuport 17

Gotta build up the tailwheel hours as I get hot on the Nieuport! It would be a real shame to ground loop it on the first test flight!

I was supposed to go up Friday, but got called into work. It really hurt to make the call and cancel, but I can't find any good reason to fly at 1000 after being up all night. Even though the projected winds of 14 miles an hour crosswind fell to just four actual down the runway, with temps in the mid 60's. CAVU as well, naturally.

Sigh.

I cranked up the wind and gusting in Rise of Flight and practiced wheel landings in a SPAD as a way of easing my pain.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Frank, it has been said that there are two kinds of tailwheel pilots - "those who have ground looped and those who will". I got mine out of the way early - my first attempt at landing on a paved surface....was drifting a bit sidways on touchdown and from that point on it was just hoping that I didn't hit anything solid....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania