Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
As I read through your first post, Chopper Girl, I wanted to say the same things that Turtle said, but he (or she, I don't know) said it better. Ordinarily I don't like ad hominem comments about others, but there're a couple of lines from Top Gun that seem to fit you. Iceman is talking to Maverick:
You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
Later, he says:
Maverick, it's not your flying, it's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous, but right now you're worse. Dangerous and foolish.

For very good reasons, primarily safety, aviation must be highly regulated, and having discussions with those who know more about those regulations than you do is valuable. I go to the local monthly EAA IMC Club meetings, yet I keep up with the regulations on my own, and I've been an IR pilot for 42 years. I've been flying for more than 44 years, I was once a CFII, a SE charter pilot, and I've got more than a few hours in my logbook. I've taken more checkrides than you have fingers. You think I don't know how to fly in the clouds legally, how to stay out of trouble with ATC, how to live? I absolutely do, but all of us are students in aviation, no matter what our experience or training. It is impossible to know everything that there is to know about aviation.

Actually, if you can't change your attitude a bit, I'd just as soon that you don't learn to fly, that you don't build an airplane, and that you stay out of the sky. It'll be a whole lot safer for the rest of us, who understand the need for and abide by the rules and regulations.

Cary
So you believe because Chopper Girl would like to attend a club were more then eating and sitting around talking about ones dog's health is not her style. You blame her and tell her it's her attitude that must be changed. I agree 100% with Chopper Girl.

You need to go out to one of these club meetings we speak of. The local one close to me had one the other day. The President of this club has all but turned off every local aviator. Not one will fly into this man's field. It is an attitude of his that turns people off. He has maybe three members of his club today and one is his non flying wife. I belonged to this club until the day the President came at me with fists flying. All I did was ask a question.

But lets blame the new member. There is a saying..It's the fool who keeps doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I myself don't want to share the skies with those whom believe their anus don't stink. Those types get you killed.

Tony