Thread: Project insurance

Project insurance

Other than Falcon, does anyone have an insurance company that you can recommend for RV-10 builders insurance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arthur J Gallagher (formerly Nation Air) insures a LOT of RVs, both flying and under construction. I used them for builder's insurance on my RV-7 and they now insure my -12. Shanna Linton (877-577-VANS) and Jennifer Cummins (855-538-VANS) are great to work with. Plus they buy us beer at Oshkosh, so there's that.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Don't "all" of the brokers have access to underwriters which will insure a project?

I need to deal with this soon on my RV-10 project. It is at the point where my investment is going from uncomfortably expensive to ludicrous expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Don't "all" of the brokers have access to underwriters which will insure a project?

I need to deal with this soon on my RV-10 project. It is at the point where my investment is going from uncomfortably expensive to ludicrous expensive...

Yes. Most will insure a project for about 1% of the coverage. Most will allow you to add flying coverage with a phone call. Any broker should be able to provide quotes. You can also bump your coverage up as you buy kits, engines, and avionics.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Arthur J Gallagher (formerly Nation Air) insures a LOT of RVs, both flying and under construction. I used them for builder's insurance on my RV-7 and they now insure my -12. Shanna Linton (877-577-VANS) and Jennifer Cummins (855-538-VANS) are great to work with. Plus they buy us beer at Oshkosh, so there's that.
    Ditto to all of this, great folks, best prices.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org