Thread: Continental 0-200 Cylinder

Continental 0-200 Cylinder

Hello,

I came across a new in box cylinder for a continental plane the other day. I'm looking for some information on it. I've attached some pictures. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images   

A photo of the yellow card would be helpful. Looks like you have an overhauled, old-style cylinder for a small Continental.
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log

Sam

Thanks for the info. I've attached a picture of that tag and the box that the cyclinder came in. How can you tell the difference between a new and remanufactured cyclinder? Are used cylinders worth keeping? Also are the pistons? By pistons I'm talking about the piece that goes inside the cyclinders.

Thanks

Do you want it sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonparadis04 View Post
    Sam

Thanks for the info. I've attached a picture of that tag and the box that the cyclinder came in. How can you tell the difference between a new and remanufactured cyclinder? Are used cylinders worth keeping? Also are the pistons? By pistons I'm talking about the piece that goes inside the cyclinders.

Thanks

I'm not a cylinder expert but the later model cylinders have thicker bosses for the rocker arm shafts. It would be interesting to see what is written on the yellow tag beneath the post-it note, might give the dimensions of the cylinder bore. The yellow tag tells us it is an over-hauled or inspected cylinder that is within serviceable limits. The box tells us who did the work and it is most likely a chromed cylinder and could be put back into service if someone wants a used, chromed cylinder.
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log

I attached two more pictures. On the cyclinder itself there is writing that says .064 Std.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Do you want it sell it?
    Ultimately I would want to since I don't own a plane. Currently what I know about the cyclinder has been discussed in this post so I don't really have a great idea of value.

Ultimately I would want to since I don't own a plane. Currently what I know about the cyclinder has been discussed in this post so I don't really have a great idea of value.
    Let me know. That was reworked by Paul Kline who is across the lake from me.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Let me know. That was reworked by Paul Kline who is across the lake from me.
    Marty,

I'm interested in selling all of the used ones that I have also. I've attached a picture it isn't the best. There is 14 continental 200 cyclinders, 1 continental 470, and 9 lycoming 320. If you or anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

Marty,

I'm interested in selling all of the used ones that I have also. I've attached a picture it isn't the best. There is 14 continental 200 cyclinders, 1 continental 470, and 9 lycoming 320. If you or anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey Jason, send me a PM or email to skyboy1956@yahoo.com