Thread: 1929 Fleet model 2 wheels and brakes.

Happy 1929 Fleet model 2 wheels and brakes.

I am looking for any information on converting my Fleet to brakes. My Fleet N-610M Has never had brakes. The axels are 1 3/4" in dia. I have been looking for wheels with brakes for 1 3/4" axel and it seems there are not a lot of choices out there.Any information on my quest would be appreciated.Tom Harper
    Last edited by Tom Harper; 02-13-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Harper View Post
    I am looking for any information on converting my Fleet to brakes. My Fleet N-610M Has never had brakes. The axels are 1 3/4" in dia. I have been looking for wheels with brakes for 1 3/4" axel and it seems there are not a lot of choices out there.Any information on my quest would be appreciated.Tom Harper
    Later model Fleets had factory installed 10" brakes. I understand these parts can be retrofitted. Contact me off thread for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Harper View Post

I am restoring a 1931 Fleet 9 and we are using PT-19 brakes. If I remember correctly we had to make a spacer for them to fit. In the process of figuring the brake master cylinders right now.

I was told this is the most common brake for the Fleet