Thread: Hints for Homebuilders SW files

Hints for Homebuilders SW files

I watched the hints for homebuilders 3D printing video. Where can I find the files for those parts in the video? I would like to print the inspection covers and some of the wire standoffs.

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=5232453840001

Jake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I watched this video a while back, but I do believe he said that you can download those files off of EMG's website. I would find you a good link but my work internet had me blocked out of their website.

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Hey Jake, these parts are all fantastic exercises in using SolidWorks!

NDT RV4 is correct to a point. Brian Carpenter has loaded some of the 3D Printed SOLIDWORKS designs on a Google Drive linked from his EMG website. Specifically, he has the holder for an ICOM radio, tube marking tools, and a vortex generator here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/f...Gtnc0llamZORmM

You can go up a level in that drive to see other items, but most do not include a SOLIDWORKS model file.

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Just to get the ball rolling for newbie's to SW, I am prepared to model some of these items in dimensionally generic form that can be used as a suggested way of modelling in SW and/or generating the necessary STL file for 3D printing. I can also print a prototype on my printer to see if/how it works. Just let me know if there is any particular part for a start - here is an overhead cabin light fitting that I printed for an RV.
    Name:  Designed_in_SW.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  78.5 KBName:  Being_installed_on_an_RV.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  46.7 KB